BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Worn rear tires

877 3
If rear tires are worn, but fronts ok. Should you replace just the rears or all 4?? Any difference in performance if you just replace the rears??
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I recently enocuntered the same problem. I replaced just the rears and have since put about 2000 more miles on the car. The fronts still look pretty good.

I am pretty good at sensing a difference in driving characteristics when my tires are low or I have more weight in the car, and I can't tell a difference at all with just replacing the rears.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Unless you've tracked it..

Every performance car I've had has been through two sets of rears per front set. Unless you drive it on the track - had an hour on the track with the car as part of driver training and took 3-4mm off the fronts in that time:eek:oohhh: Now looking forward to trying out a full set of PS2's :1:

Front tires would usually last for two sets of rears. The best is to replace with the same brand/type, no need to buy all 4 tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.