BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If rear tires are worn, but fronts ok. Should you replace just the rears or all 4?? Any difference in performance if you just replace the rears??

·
Registered
87 Posts
I recently enocuntered the same problem. I replaced just the rears and have since put about 2000 more miles on the car. The fronts still look pretty good.

I am pretty good at sensing a difference in driving characteristics when my tires are low or I have more weight in the car, and I can't tell a difference at all with just replacing the rears.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If rear tires are worn, but fronts ok. Should you replace just the rears or all 4?? Any difference in performance if you just replace the rears??
Front tires would usually last for two sets of rears. The best is to replace with the same brand/type, no need to buy all 4 tires.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Unless you've tracked it..

Every performance car I've had has been through two sets of rears per front set. Unless you drive it on the track - had an hour on the track with the car as part of driver training and took 3-4mm off the fronts in that time:eek:oohhh: Now looking forward to trying out a full set of PS2's :1:

Front tires would usually last for two sets of rears. The best is to replace with the same brand/type, no need to buy all 4 tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts