BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG.
even if you modify this car, it will never even reach the power level of a Veyron SS.
The car I am talking about produces over 1100 whp already and keeps getting better!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, thanks... Did I win anything??? ;)

Isn't the Veyron SS a double clutch?
you actually won a ticket to Moscow for the Unlim 500+ event! You will watch the fastest cars in Europe, racing against each other....
Yes, The Veyron SS is a double clutch tranny car. It produces 1200 horsepower "only" which is less than 1300 hp that a couple of GTRs are currently making...

·
Registered
881 Posts
We have a winner! 1140 whp for now.... the biggest horsepower that a double clutch tranny ever had to handle! That's on Mustang Dyno.
It should be around 1300 engine HP !
That GR6 is not OEM however iirc; it has had some necessary upgrades in order for it to handle the torque.

Bish

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep. That's why the title of the thread is NOT "the most powerful stock double clutch transmission car in the world".
In that case, it would have been the Veyron SS.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yep. That's why the title of the thread is NOT "the most powerful stock double clutch transmission car in the world".
In that case, it would have been the Veyron SS.
So what you actually mean is that the Veyron SS is also the most powerful tuned double clutch transmission car when tuned :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what you actually mean is that the Veyron SS is also the most powerful tuned double clutch transmission car when tuned :M5thumbs:
The problem is, no Veyron SS is tuned yet. Until that happens ( which I doubt that will ever take place), the GTR holds the title!

·
Registered
361 Posts
The problem is, no Veyron SS is tuned yet. Until that happens ( which I doubt that will ever take place), the GTR holds the title!
The title of fastest acceleration when tuned.;) Cause you can't compare tuned cars vs stock ones.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Wow, didn't realize the GTR has been tuned to such high horsepower (highest I've heard before this is about 900 I believe...Switzer package). Do you know what upgrades the transmission had to have in order to harness that power?

afc1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts