BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hahahahah got ya. Well this was a fun project that started with a early 80's radio flyer. I had some carbon black paint left over after color matching some interior parts and decided to build this for my son's 2nd birthday. I know the stitching and the hand written tri could be better but it has been a while since I have done any upholstery work. Hope you guys like it as my son loves it (maybe not as much as I do though!) and will grow up an M lover! Tried to keep a little old school and leave a little white wall on the front rim for effect. On the fence right now if should have just painted the whole thing but still love it. Thanks for letting me share.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry in all my excitement forgot the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
It is the first FWD ///M too.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Very nice even has small touches like the m badge on the front wheel

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Ha ha, very cool! Better watch it, someone around here is going to start recommending you slap on a supercharger kit!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True...didn't even think of that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Perfect, Just keep it away from the beast.:goldcup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great suggestions on the drop and supercharger! Don't think he will need a supercharger as my son is already twin turbo charged with a 1000 shot NOS! "Mia" can't even catch him. I'll let you guys know when he hits the high speed limiter on this thing. Thanks for all the love...as a bonus my wife has een offered to buy my next part for the effort I put into his first bike. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Just need the M Tri stitching colors and you would be all set!!

Maybe the next rainy day if you can dig up some Red, Navy and light blue thread!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just need the M Tri stitching colors and you would be all set!!

Maybe the next rainy day if you can dig up some Red, Navy and light blue thread!
Why didn't I think of that!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good to see some of us had a lot of time this winter.
You would think however this project was during my busiest time this winter as I also did a gc coilover install, custom cai, and averaged 80 Hr weeks at work. I guess I don't like sleep much or just get bored when the kids go to bed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts