BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks guys! Should be available in the summer June/July current S65 plenum is around $2K/£1600 so probably more than that.

I like the exhaust more...what are you running??

what’s your full setup? Looks like akropovic sec 3?
Thank you! It's completely custom both sets of cats remain, x-pipe swapped in for the resonator, no mufflers finished with genuine Akrapovic carbon tips (Akra unfortunately never made a system for the E60 😥).

It's a bit louder than an Eisenmann Race with louder crackles on stock map. No drone either which is nice but took around 5 experiments to get everything right.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The videos sound great, but not sure which sound is the intake vs. your exhaust. Do you have similar videos to compare without the new intake to see the change?

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's the effect of the thinner walls on a CF vs a plastic plenum that creates the resonance/louder induction noise. I'm sure the separate vs single bank doesn't really matter sound wise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Unfortunately to this day we have no way knowing what that CSL one did for power or sound as there are no hard details or even videos/sound clips available but the upcoming Eventuri is 100% carbon including internal trumpets and sounds wonderful! Wish I had the intakes to go with it, soon though!

Should be available in the summer :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sure looks and sounds great but I just can't imagine spending a couple grand for them. That's a couple sets of track day tires right there.
Lol I feel you! I've taken my E60 to the Ring twice in the past 3 years driving from London to Germany which when adding tyres, fuel tolls all adds up but the trips will now be next level on the autobahn with this plenum! Will update with more vids when I get the intakes on 😎

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
eventuri box does not change the ve of the stock boxes it merely is a copy.the m5 csl had a custom airbox like this one.
View attachment 938496
For me personally the split intake box is the "signature look" for this engine and looks much nicer than the CSL one.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How would the csl one go on as i thought the purpose of the 2 separate intakes was due to the angle of throttle bodies
its very difficult, the csl box requires a bit of finagling to install it but it has all the same fittings as oem except they are metal but the construction is full carbon fiber but it is divided inside.

below is a video of the sound

·
Registered
943 Posts
its very difficult, the csl box requires a bit of finagling to install it but it has all the same fittings as oem except they are metal but the construction is full carbon fiber but it is divided inside.
Are you sure it's divided inside? The CSL one is set up for alpha-n, so they'd have no reason to divide it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
yes it is
Are you sure it's divided inside? The CSL one is set up for alpha-n, so they'd have no reason to divide it.
yes it is divided inside, this engine needs the airflow to be seperate of the two halves of the motor which is why this motor has two of everything, in order to operate correctly on stock dme the mafs have been retained and the car suffers no loss in drivability or midrange torque. the airbox is the m24 airbox paired with dinan intake boxes which are slightly large in terms of volumetric capacity but retain provisions for the maf housings.

whether or not the engine is setup for alpha-n you need to maintain the two halves of the engine not sharing the same airflow or the air going into the throttles will be very turbulent and the car will not run strong.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts