BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So this has been in development for a while and has got to be one of the most desirable modifications for our beloved S85s that we have wanted for years especially seeing all that carbon in the E60 M5 CSL engine bay - a full carbon produced plenum. This has finally been done by none other than Eventuri, especially after the success of the S65 full carbon plenum released last year it just had to be done!

This is the real deal and not an existing plenum that has been wrapped, dipped etc with no change in sound.

Aside from the obvious which is that the product is absolutely amazing to look at in the engine bay, the main reason for this was to give a more 'CSL' style sound - and it absolutely delivers.

IMG-20200422-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20200422-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20200422-WA0023.jpg

My exhaust setup is an x-pipe replacing the resonator, muffler delete with genuine Akrapovic tips and it is loud and glorious but with the windows and sunroof fully closed this plenum actually completely drowns out the exhaust above 4.5K rpm! It is also completely addictive to hear and I am running stock filters and intakes! Just like the E46 M3 CSL and E92 M3 Eventuri carbon plenum induction sound that came before the sound of the V10 with a full carbon plenum is absolutely intoxicating.

I'm based in London UK and have had it for a few days and other prototypes will be in the hands of a couple of other testers in the US.

Follow me on Instagram @blackbmwlife for new content about this exciting product which should be out in the summer! You can hear in-cabin footage of the plenum on the '///M5' story highlights on my main Instagram page.

Happy to answer any questions.

Peace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think most people would prefer the induction sound of the S85 with a carbon plenum than without...it sounds amazing!

Then again I'm the kind of person who prefers a modified exhaust sound over stock.

Since last week I've had over 20 people (some S85 owners) listen in person and they all love it.

Why do you think they wouldn't?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Price?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Until it looks like the actual one piece unit like the real one and actually have at least 10whp increase, I wouldn't waste any time on it.. just me..

Screenshot_20191019-071506.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
I love the way it looks and I'm sure it does indeed sound good. I saw it on indstyle's Instagram about 10 days ago and was intrigued but ultimately, I share the opinion of others so far. It will no doubt be quite expensive based simply on the price of the S65 one, and still being two piece is a pretty big letdown imo. Plus, no real performance benefit from what I can surmise. Cool? Yes. One of the most desirable modifications to the S85? I'm not sure.

Hey guys. New to the forum. Do you actually know when will this be available for buying it?
Sometime in June I believe is what they said.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The E46 CSL sounds comes from the huge intake opening to the engine bay, with just a panel filter in the way; carbon fiber doesn't have whole lot to do with that.

I would think one piece intake with alpha-n and huge inlets would be the ticket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great reading all of your replies guys! Please bear in mind that this was purely made for sound since Eventuri already have their carbon intakes giving 12-15hp increase in that department, think they want to stay true to the original OEM plenum design.

I genuinely couldn't go back to stock after having this, the induction sound now coming from the front of the car is intoxicating and a) this is only the first prototype and b) I was 100% stock in the engine bay before this so it's a massive upgrade on my setup. As previously mentioned this plenum plus intakes and a tune will make the front end of our cars next level! Videos etc don't do it justice but all I can say is an S85 enthusiast and letting the 3 other S85 owners whom I've let experience it in the past few days agree that it has transformed the car from a sound perspective...it really brings out the motorsport aspect of the engine a lot more.

I still want to test with intakes as I know many who will purchase these already have upgraded their stock boxes going for the ultimate...upgraded intakes with just a stock plenum already sounds amazing!

They are looking at the summer so at the earliest June but I have no info on price as yet but should be comparable to the Eventuri V8 plenum already out.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts