BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the track Wednesday night with a buddy of mines F10 M5 and finally broke that 11.0 I've been trying for quite some time.

Here's a video of us racing, his F10 M5 ran 11.5 @ 125 MPH and I ran 10.8 @ 129 MPH this will give some light to how she's running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=duI-_R0THfs

From my first pass of 11.0 @ 129MPH all the way down to 10.7 @ 129 MPH with my time slips

Attachments

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats!! What intake piping do you have and how much boost (BMS I assume)?
BMS stage 1 meth intergration
100 octane 100% meth
MSR muffler delete with resonator
MSR charge pipes with meth bungs
MSR catless DP
MSR cold air intake

As for the BMS I've done some personal settings for best results from lots of data, testing with Vbox and track time for good comparisons
My intake has shown .5 sec off 60-130 mph before and after intake install on none stock M5 and proven .5 seconds and 4-5 mph increase in 1/4 mile on a guys f10 m5.
So not you're typical set up

·
Registered
756 Posts
Congrats!! What intake piping do you have and how much boost (BMS I assume)?
That's a fantastic launch and overall time. No doubt like everyone else here, I am massively curious to know your setup that results in 700rwhp. I'm at around 620/630 depending on the day on BMS alone with pump-gas--I assume you've got a fair few more tweaks under that hood? Please spill :0)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car was pushing 670 whp before my custom intake and more boost. Plus I made adjustments with BMS from logging AFs, timing and fuel trims.
She's running perfect and next step is to run 109 fuel to see if there's any more gains to be made. I didn't want to mess with any anything till I went to the track and had another base run to compare. Now will add some 109, Dyno then back to the track and see if I can knock of another .1 second. I feel with the way she's running right now 10.6 was doable as she kept running stronger by each run

·
Registered
756 Posts
So what octane and corresponding overboost were you at for this particular run? I don't readily have access to gas at those kinds of octane numbers so I throw NOS-branded octane enhancer on top of 92octane pump gas and take the BMS up to 4.5psi for that one tank (well, 12-14 gallons); I'm trying to get a sense of what the ratios look like as you go much, much higher.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what octane and corresponding overboost were you at for this particular run? I don't readily have access to gas at those kinds of octane numbers so I throw NOS-branded octane enhancer on top of 92octane pump gas and take the BMS up to 4.5psi for that one tank (well, 12-14 gallons); I'm trying to get a sense of what the ratios look like as you go much, much higher.
Boosting up there but running 100 octane 100% meth and my custom mods are what have taken it to another level. I data log everything from AFs to fuel trims and timing making sure everything looks good as I progressed. The key is giving the car time to adapt to mod and boost increases. You have to have patients and be consistent. Since I do my own testing it's easier to find the right set up then relying on someone to get me there.
I can say my intake made the biggest improvement and lots of data to prove it. Nothing on the market comes close. Vbox 60-130 mph knocked off .5 seconds on my stock M5. On anothe guys M5 after fully adapted knocks off .5 seconds and gained 4-5 mph on the 1/4 mile. Yes to good to be true but all the data is their from Dyno, track, Vbox, and racing.
Anyway plenty of data if you go to m5post you'll can read up on it. Look up m6beast on my threads

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
4-5mph on the intake is like 40-50whp. That's impressive for pre-charger piping. I didn't realize it is so restrictive! Who makes your piping and
how does one get them?

Having said that... playing with the intake (pre-charger) piping on the ESS kit on my E60 M5 netted over 50whp as well!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4-5mph on the intake is like 40-50whp. That's impressive for pre-charger piping. I didn't realize it is so restrictive! Who makes your piping and
how does one get them?

Having said that... playing with the intake (pre-charger) piping on the ESS kit on my E60 M5 netted over 50whp as well!
I produce them. Everything is CNC cut parts and tig welded piping lots of R&D to get it right
Send me an email and I'll reply back with all the info
[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts