BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's time to celebrate.

On Sunday, I drove from the Shell garage near my home to Nottingham, Preston, Warrington, Solihull and back to the Shell station near home again. 455 miles towing a trailer, mostly at around 70mph. Yes, most of these places are horrible. :grrrrr:

But, I did the whole journey on a single tank of Optimax. When I filled up, I only squeezed 80.44L in, but the computer had been at RANGE --- for about ten miles.

So that's a record journey. I've never managed to go so far on one tank. Probably because I drive like a dickhead most of the time.

Woohoo!

Incidentally, that's an average of 25.71mpg. The OBC reported 25.7mpg, which is pleasingly (surprisingly) accurate.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've had my M5 for 30,000 miles now. You would've thought I'd be bored of stupid facts and figures like those.

:3:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I've found out that Continental SportContact 2 tyres can last 10,000 miles...

...or 100 if you use them at Elvington Airfield!

·
Registered
118 Posts
AndyE said:
Well, it's time to celebrate.

On Sunday, I drove from the Shell garage near my home to Nottingham, Preston, Warrington, Solihull and back to the Shell station near home again. 455 miles towing a trailer, mostly at around 70mph. Yes, most of these places are horrible. :grrrrr: .......
Solihull is lovely!.......give me a call next time you are in my neck of the woods....be great to get a photoshoot/pie & pint!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mmm-Five said:
I've found out that Continental SportContact 2 tyres can last 10,000 miles......or 100 if you use them at Elvington Airfield!
Yep! Bridgestone S03s only last a day if you go to Bruntingthorpe! :-O

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scorchio said:
Solihull is lovely!.......give me a call next time you are in my neck of the woods....be great to get a photoshoot/pie & pint!:cheers:
Solihull is definitely one of the nicer of those places! I'm there lots (Dorridge).

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
AndyE said:
Solihull is definitely one of the nicer of those places! I'm there lots (Dorridge).
Yes I am not too far from there now as I am up in Chesshire just off the M6 and should there abouts for about 4 months or so....PS I also get good mileage.

One tank takes me too and from London and all around for the week so far. Around 450 miles per tank fill it up on with 81 ltrs of Optimax.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm based in Solihull.....well when I'm not in London or Kent.

Let me know when you are back for pie and pint.

Is quite a nice place to live, but bloody expensive ie. forget it if your a first time buyer.

Jonathan

·
Registered
118 Posts
M5 powered said:
I'm based in Solihull.....well when I'm not in London or Kent.

Let me know when you are back for pie and pint.

Is quite a nice place to live, but bloody expensive ie. forget it if your a first time buyer.

Jonathan
Where 'bouts are you based Jonathon? I live V. near the Land Rover factory .....did you know there is a BMW meet that starts from Brueton Park on a Tuesday night? (i think its the third tuesday of the month).......will let you and Andy know if you are about.....:cheers:

Paul

·
Registered
118 Posts
Scorchio said:
Where 'bouts are you based Jonathon? I live V. near the Land Rover factory .....did you know there is a BMW meet that starts from Brueton Park on a Tuesday night? (i think its the third tuesday of the month).......will let you and Andy know if you are about.....:cheers:

Paul
p.s. sorry it's the second Tuesday of every month ,i think, the last one was Tuesday 11th Jan.....usually they meet up go for a sirited drive and then to a pub.....

The chap who organises them is called Phil Rosenbloom who posts on PistonHeads.com in the BMW forums under the name PhilRose.:M5launch:

It would be nice to see an LE around here ....not seen many E34 M5s lately ....usually when you buy a 'new' car you tend to notice more around but not in the case of the M5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts