BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohh my God is all I can say! This car is such a beast! Yea, it's a 2000 with about 3k miles, which is fine for me. Got a great deal from a friend who wanted to get rid of their '00 for an '01. Anyway here is the URL for some pics =)
p.s it's jet black with black interior
http://home.houston.rr.com/mpower/pics/

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Omar, Congratulations! Beautiful!

I bought my 2000 M5 (Imola Red) new from Momentum BMW in June. I now have 3900 miles on it. Although this car is not my daily driver..I get alot of enjoyment out of driving it occasionally, mostly when the weather is nice...and on weekends. I see you are from Houston.. Where did you purchase your M5? Also, are you planning any upgrades to the car? If so, you may want to see and hear mine first.

I have the following upgrades on my M5:

1) Dinan software upgrade (removes top speed limiter and adds additionally RPMs)

2) Dinan aluminum/carbon fiber front strut tower brace

3) Supersprint Magnum stainless exhaust (AWESOME look and sound!!)

4) K&N air filters in the stock air boxes

5) 2 10" Kicker free-air subs with a PPower amp driving 400 watts. Simply replaced the cheap factory subs. Sounds FANTASTIC! Got it done at Custom Car Stereo on Southwest Freeway... see John Crispino and Todd (Todd is the installer) at 713-981-8455. He even installed a gain control knob on the dash behind the steering wheel.

Give me a call some time or email me so we can get together. I have been in contact with other M5 owners in Houston and we are trying to get an M5 owners event going?

You can reach me at 713-778-5659 or [email protected]

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
In case any of you are wondering how the Imola Red looks?... have a look at mine at the following URL. Of course, red is not nearly as stealth as some of the other colors.. but it definitely gets noticed! Enjoy!
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/amenard

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
congrats omar,
welcome to the club, you'll have a great time
. It makes me feel real happy when somebody who loves this car gets one.

fas

·
Registered
677 Posts
Omar & Andy,

I'm in Houston as well. A M5 get together sounds good. I know there are at least 5 other M5 owners in Houston.

Later,
Kenneth
'00 silverstone M5

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congratulations...
i hope, i can join the club in a few days too...

Dany

'01 M5 - lemans blue (in production - Status 150)
'97 M3 - cosmos black

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I just heard from my dealer that mine will be built in week 45. I can't wait!

Niello BMW (Sacramento) has a 2000 M5 that they are prepping for a car show. Does anyone know anything about a car show in northern California?

------------------
Phil

01 M5 SilverStone due 12/00

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congratulations Omar!
If you feel nearly as thrilled as I did when I got mine you should experiencing God`s blessings. Have a great time.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Andy,
How fast can you go mithout the limiter?

Originally posted by AndyMenard:

I bought my 2000 M5 (Imola Red) new from Momentum BMW in June. I now have 3900 miles on it. Although this car is not my daily driver..I get alot of enjoyment out of driving it occasionally, mostly when the weather is nice...and on weekends. I see you are from Houston.. Where did you purchase your M5? Also, are you planning any upgrades to the car? If so, you may want to see and hear mine first.

1) Dinan software upgrade (removes top speed limiter and adds additionally RPMs)

5) 2 10" Kicker free-air subs with a PPower amp driving 400 watts. Simply replaced the cheap factory subs. Sounds FANTASTIC! Got it done at Custom Car Stereo on Southwest Freeway... see John Crispino and Todd (Todd is the installer) at 713-981-8455. He even installed a gain control knob on the dash behind the steering wheel.

Give me a call some time or email me so we can get together. I have been in contact with other M5 owners in Houston and we are trying to get an M5 owners event going?

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Originally posted by rtorre:
Andy,
How fast can you go mithout the limiter?

Originally posted by AndyMenard:

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I have not been able to test the top speed boundaries as there are no roads in Houston which are safe enough (from law enforcement that is =:)

I have taken it to about 145 MPH on our "texas autobahn" ... the Sam Houston Tollway. It was pulling hard all the way until I let go of the throttle! What a CAR!!

I would like to take it to the Texas World Speedway some time to redline it in 6th gear?? maybe some day?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Originally posted by kenneth:
Omar & Andy,

I'm in Houston as well. A M5 get together sounds good. I know there are at least 5 other M5 owners in Houston.

Later,
Kenneth
'00 silverstone M5
Kenneth, send me email at [email protected] Maybe we can get together real soon??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts