BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the standard wood and the Bruyere Club wood trims? the standard is very orange in colour (UK spec car)

I am looking to order an 01 M5 ASAP

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't know about the colour difference of the wood's. However if you are looking to order soon I suggest you consider ordering one from Europe. I did about two months ago and the saving was massive. If you want the details drop me a email.
Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post.

I ahve had an import quote saving approx £11,000. Sure I can do better. Have you got 3 yrs warranty?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My warranty is only the 1 year factory, but John who also post's on this board says it can be extended at a dealer for about £900.

My saving was £22000 but this was when 3.3dm=£1.
I don't know if you have been to your local dealer yet but I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had two M5's in. One avus blue and the other Silverstone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test drove Scothall's Silverstone M5, but now sold.

I am looking to order a new 2001 model car.

I had an S4, now TT (girlfriend influence) but the M5 is awesome!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Re: "What is the difference between the standard wood and the Bruyere Club wood trims? the standard is very orange in colour (UK spec car)"

In the U.S. BMW refers to the Bruyere Club wood as standard on the Exclusive Trim interiors. It has more of an orange appearance than the no cost alternative, Burl Walnut.

I personally think that the Bruyere Club wood adds some needed life to all black interiors, but I think that it clashes with the Caramel interiors. If I ordered my M5 with the Caramel interior, I would pick the Burl Walnut. Personal opinion.

Richard

·
Registered
418 Posts
rsteele,

Au contraire!

I own an All Leather Jet Black/Caramel E39 M5. After seeing the pale, lifeless color of the no-cost option Burl Walnut, I was intent on having my Caramel All Leather interior accented with the richer, brighter Bruyere Club wood trim.

When I received the car, I was far from disapointed! The contrast between the Caramel and the Bruyere Club is nothing short of breathtaking! There is no color clash whatsoever. If anything, the tones are very complimentary of one another.

I agree with your other comment that the Bruyere Club works well with a black interior.
Some of my friends have this exact interior combination and it looks fantastic.

In the past (and present), those cars with wood in their interiors typically are fitted with wood of the dark variety (i.e. Mercedes-Benz, BMW, etc.). To my eye, these dark shades of wood severely clash with (i.e. in no way compliment) black leather.

Just my humble (and studied opinion).

·
Registered
722 Posts
Dear HadE55NowM5,

Thanks for providing your experienced assessment of the Bruyere Club/Caramel combination. I have only seen this combination on the BMWUSA web site, where it didn't appeal to me. Perhaps the colors were not true.

I'm on the waiting list for both an M5 and an E55, but plan to order the M5...soon. Your web handle indicates that you've owned an E55. Can you provide an owner's contrast between the two cars? In particular, I am interested in what you did and did not like about the E55.

Thanks.

Richard

·
Registered
418 Posts
rsteele,

1) The colors on the BMW website are not true!

2) I can give you a detailed comparison of the differences that I have observed re: my E55 ownership (I had both a 1999 and a 2000) vs. the M5. However, I don't have the time right now to construct the detailed dissertation that the subject deserves. Please e-mail me on [email protected] with info. as to how I can contact you (i.e. verbally or via e-mail) so that I can give you a satisfactory and detailed impression.

In short, both are phenomenal vehicles.

While I prefer the exterior aesthetics and overall build quality of the E55 (the paint detail is less rough in all of the "nooks and crannies" -- it's finished better), I much prefer my Caramel All Leather Exclusive interior.

Furthermore, the M5's chassis dynamics are unrivaled. The manner in which the car "talks" to and communicates with the driver is absolutely impressive. The steering "feel", feedback and turn-in are phenominal.

Though its a 6-speed manual, shifting feels extremely natural (i.e. you don't even realize that you are shifting). If you prefer an active, "driver-involvement" type of experience, then consider the M5.

If, however, you like a more passive (yet thrilling) experience behind the wheel, then the nod goes to the E55.

One thing that I sometimes miss about the E55 is the speed at which the automatic transmission kicks-down a couple of gears when the accelerator pedal asks it to. Also, the E55 launches extremely hard off the line. Plus, the E55 has a more neutral cornering balance (i.e. less propensity towards the M5's low-speed understeer/plowing).

All-in-all, the M5 is the much more rewarding and fulfilling and ultimately satisfying to drive. (Bear in mind that in the course of my work, I get to drive some of the finest, highly desired, most significant, high watermark, seminal machines extant!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts