BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I personally think that wood on the M5, does not fit the character of the car, however, I've noticed that a large percentage of US posters have chosen the wood trim.

The only time I take into account resale is if I add additional options like sat nav, sunroof etc that may help, I never let resale sway how I want car to look for me.

So I would advise that you pick the spec of car that you want, but if you want to go for resale it looks like from the board memebers that you should go wood.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Wood! The titanium tends to wear on the shift knob, and apparently the trim scratched easily too.

Alps

·
Registered
385 Posts
All the car magazines hated the aluminum trim. I didn't care for it, either. Too much "boy-racer" for my tastes.

The Bruyere club wood is exclusive to the M5. Wood is an option with sportive interior. You have choice of wood with exclusive interior.

As to whether it fits the character of the car, I absolutely think it fits. Rich leather and wood, with ultimate "sleeper" performance.

It should add to your car's collectibility if that's what you're interested in.

-SteveP
'00 M5 / Avus Blue / black all leather exclusive w/ bruyere club wood.

·
Registered
405 Posts
One of the early car magazine reviews of the M5 refered to the metal trim as "metaloid" and were not impressed - they said it looked cheap. My impression is that it looks cheap and shows EVERY fingerprint.I am delighted with my Black Leather and dark wood trim - it looks rich. Some previous messages have indicated the availability of Carbon Fiber replacement trim packages which some are opting for. Basically, it boils down to personal taste but my wife said it best - "you'll get tired of the sport trim - the other is classic". Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are you people NUTS? You want a wooden trim? Fine go ahead...might as well get a friggin Caddy...Do the rims, the 4 tailpipes, the M wheel, the spoilers, the sporty look of the car mean anything to you? I sure hope so, cause the aluminum trim on the inside goes right along with everything else thats SPORTY about this car. I worked at a BMW dealer and i've seen on the X5, sort of black (non-wooden..dont get that mixed up) trim. Kinda like a black version of the aluminum trim. It looked great with light leather. Anyway...you want wooden trim to go along great with your luxurious sedan...get a lexus!!!! Lets wake up people, the M5 was build for its sporty and speedy look...not to show it off because of the wooden trim!!!! For christ's sake!!!

FUTURE '01 /\/\3 OWNER!!!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
"You know. The road knows. Nobody else has to."

Don't cheapen your...

BMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...by slapping on flaky grey linoleum or whatever the hell it is, just to make sure "other" people know it's a sporty car.

WOOD.

Alps

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Robbie,

Chill out man, I kind of enjoy the nice dichotomy of a luxurious interior and a BEAST of a perfomance car.

To me, that's what this car is all about. In any case, I hope you enjoy your new M3 - I may have to get one of those as well.

-Sam
'00 E39 Silverstone/Black Exclusive (and more comfortable leather for the chicks)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts