BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone out there be willing to swap their Aluminum trim for my Madiera Walnut trim in my 2008 LCI?:dunno: Thanks!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Another option you should consider is having your current trim wrapped in carbon fiber.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would consider swapping you.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would be surrised if anyone swapped with you.

I think everyone with wood trim is in the same boat as you - wanting to swap with someone who has aluminium or pianbo black trim.

You can always wrap your trim in carbon fibre vinyl.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would be surrised if anyone swapped with you.

I think everyone with wood trim is in the same boat as you - wanting to swap with someone who has aluminium or pianbo black trim.

You can always wrap your trim in carbon fibre vinyl.
Well, someone has to speak up for we wood-loving peeps! I for one love the Madiera Walnut styling. The Aluminum makes it look like a really expensive cheap car. Did you know that when the process for extracting metallic Aluminum was being perfected, Aluminum (aka Aluminium) was more valuable than gold? Aluminium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Not so much now.

·
Registered
306 Posts
what is the cost to buy the aluminum trim? I'm looking at quite a few M5's, seems like whenever I find a good one it has the wood trim :grrrrr: Maybe I'll buy one with wood then add the aluminum myself. Did this a few years back with a 330i and it was pretty simple.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I didnt know wood was so unpopular. i think it looks the best imo. except the light wood...that is uuugggleeeeeee

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love my wood also Madeira Walnut, that is funny because everyone I was looking at before I bought had the aluminum, keep looking and you will find one I'm sure.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I specifically wanted the wood when I bought mine. Rejected several nice ones due to aluminum which just looks cheap to me (no offense). Since then we got a X5 with the bamboo trim and it made me dislike the orange wood in my M. Now I want that bamboo! I'll be wrapping my wood with a smoked vinyl to make it near black, but with grain when looking at it in the light. The actual E60 LCI bamboo trim kits are far too costly imho: BMW OEM E60 E61 LCI Bamboo Interior Trim Kit 2008-2010 | eBay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts