BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Professional rds stereo with the 6 cd changer?

Got so far as putting in the new stereo I bought - but I do not get any sound, trying to make sense of the ISO connectors and BMW connectors but - its the first time I have done this so its all gobbledygook.

Rgds

J

·
Registered
609 Posts
J,

Are you cutting and splicing the new speaker wires? If so try grounding ALL negative speaker wires to new unit's chasis or simililar grounding point.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WylM5

Thansk for the reply....
I am utterly clueless and lost now, as to what to do next - a good freind said I could if I get the wire color coding for the BMW speakers, cut and splice to the stereo and bypass the connectors (which incidentally fit really nicely together - but the pins on either connecting side do not match).

Will go on Friday to BRL here in Sweden, and ask them why they gave me this connector (BMW to ISO).

If it comes down to it I will cut and splice - but maybe they will have another type of connector that I can try....just maybe.

Regards
J

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WylM5 said:
J,

Are you cutting and splicing the new speaker wires? If so try grounding ALL negative speaker wires to new unit's chasis or simililar grounding point.
----------------

sorry forgot to ask where the devil is the Ampliflier?

rgds

J

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am not sure. I assumed that they were removed when the prior owner changed the head unit. But the only place I can think of installing the amps would be under the dash. It is the only logical place to place them because the only other place would be towards the rear which would result in running wires back there and then back to the front again.

The only thing that I need extra power for was for the sub which is powered by a bridged Sony Xplod amp. My headunit puts out about 20watts RMS which in my opinion is plenty to drive the other speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts