BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
I have finally pulled the wiper linkage/heater motor out of my car as the engine is pretty much all built up and ready to drop back in place!:biggrinbounce:
Problem I am having is with the wipers,the linkage isnt that bad but will be replaced either way as will the blower motor. The problem lies with the pressure adjusting motor thingy,it works,or seems to when power is put through the plug. but the plunger part with the male thread on it turns aswell.(if you hold it still,it winds itself in and out without too much fuss) It seems that the plunger part that moves in and out has a square/hexagonal shaped shaft to stop it spinning,am I right in thinking this is the case? Mine has a sqare or whatever on either end but the middle has severely corroded away and just spins in the plastic cover. The thing is is after spending a small fortune on the engine(enough to buy at least 1 more car!) then spending another 2/300 quid on wiper/heater parts I really cant afford to throw another £150 on a complete pressure motor especially when it works! I have looked at realoem and this part doesnt appear to be available seperately? Doesnt anybody have a dead motor I could buy for the bit I need or any suggestions on a way around it? Do I really even need this thing at all?
Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Leave the motor off, put a bolt with a flat head in the hole, mount the wiperarm and use the hexpen in the wiperarm to adjust tension. That's what mine will be like next time that friggin little motor packs up.....

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stevie said:
Leave the motor off, put a bolt with a flat head in the hole, mount the wiperarm and use the hexpen in the wiperarm to adjust tension. That's what mine will be like next time that friggin little motor packs up.....
Thanks Stevie,thats just the sort of thing I wanted to hear! I take it you mean to stick a bolt in from the top right through the spindle? I guess a new spring for the arm itself would also help matters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts