BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparantly it understeers ore than the stock 225xi? I thought the XDrive wa s identical in the Alpina, but maybe it is not?

"Der Alpina B3 Biturbo Allrad tendiert einen Tick mehr zum Untersteuern als das Biturbo-Coupé des Werks."

·
Registered
168 Posts
Apparantly it understeers ore than the stock 225xi? I thought the XDrive wa s identical in the Alpina, but maybe it is not?

"Der Alpina B3 Biturbo Allrad tendiert einen Tick mehr zum Untersteuern als das Biturbo-Coupé des Werks."
The B3 BiTurbo (actually not an B3 "s" as it's an old test) has a different suspension set-up and different tires. Alpina used Michelin Pilot Alpin 235/40 R 18 vs. BMW's Pirelli Sottozero RSC 225/45 R 17. Plus, the 335xi was a stick shift and therefore easier to handle (torque control via clutch pedal) under the snowy conditions.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
It's a shame we don't get X-Drive saloons in the UK. I feel that they would be a big seller.

I've never understood the reason why they limited all wheel drive to the X3/5/6 in this market.

·
Registered
821 Posts
It's a shame we don't get X-Drive saloons in the UK. I feel that they would be a big seller.
Agreed, especially further north. We have a lot of 'S' and 'RS' Audi estates going around here. Indeed, the Aberdeen Audi dealer is reputed to be the most profitable in the country and they received a large % of the RHD R8 production run. I can't help thinking Alpina are missing a trick when a 4wd B3S would be a big seller in the UK, especially for those looking to trade up from their D3s...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts