BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
265/35/18 size..
i'm in MI and want the most performance oriented tire that will get me through the occasional snow. has anyone tried both? please share any experience with them.. thank you!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I run the M2 and have been happy with its dry weather performance for a snow tire. Striaght line traction is definately compromised, but handling is pretty decent. I have not tried the Pirelli, so I cannot give any credible feedback as to which is better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TCM said:
I run the M2 and have been happy with its dry weather performance for a snow tire. Striaght line traction is definately compromised, but handling is pretty decent. I have not tried the Pirelli, so I cannot give any credible feedback as to which is better.
Thanks TCM,
can you comment on M2's dry perf a bit more? how's the noise & treadlife? Do you think the dry perf. is high enough that as long as you took it easy you could drive with them during the summer?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Pro, I'm running the Dunlod Graspic DS-1 which were the predecesor to the M2. It is a great tire and have been thouroughly pleased with it in my Canadian winters. I'm running a 235-45-17 configuration.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Dunlop M3, 245/40/18 on 9x18 alll around.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
ProV1 said:
265/35/18 size..
i'm in MI and want the most performance oriented tire that will get me through the occasional snow. has anyone tried both? please share any experience with them.. thank you!
I believe Dunlop now makes a 245/40/18 and 275/35/18 in the M3s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts