BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It might sound odd, but today I found it to be true. Thought I should share this, with the few of you who are still waiting to take your beasts out for the years first spin. To comfort you somewhat...
I took the beast out for the first drive since early October and got surprised and reminded of just how powerful it is. It's like a freakin' cannon ball on the freeway. And, once again, I came to the conclusion that 700 hp, or 500 for that matter, takes things to not only a different level, but to a different dimension! Think Jeremy Clarkson came to a similar conclusion, when testing the M5, and he ought to be even harder to impress.
So, all the winters waiting, is really rewarding when spring arrives!
All maintanence is done today, including some preventive ditto, and only the mandatory inspection and emission check remains. I've scheduled that for this Friday. So wish me luck! ;)

Edit: pardon the spelling and grammar. iPhone, you know... :p

Reactions: ONEofONE and JoeBGC

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Same here! It's why I have my daily and when I take the M5 out each time I'm blown away by how fast it is! Nothing better than getting on an open expressway and maxing out the first four gears.

Reactions: PRM5 and KennethH

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same here! It's why I have my daily and when I take the M5 out each time I'm blown away by how fast it is! Nothing better than getting on an open expressway and maxing out the first four gears.
Yup! That feeling is difficult to beat. I was cruising pretty slowly, in the right side lane, for longer than I actually wanted, to let everything warm up and then await the correct oil level reading and unexpected errors to show first. When all looked good, I dropped two gears and mashed it and noticed that it redlines at more than twice the speed allowed. Not too smart perhaps, but it was very light traffic and excellent visibility. It was a great feeling however, that made me feel like I'll never need more power than this.

Ps
I cheated a bit and test drove the F10 M5, at the dealership, last week and I must say that they are VERY different cars. The F10 feels more like a daily driver, with less adrenaline, compared to the E60. My butt-o-meter also confirmed I'm not threatened by this new 8-banger ;).
Ds

Reactions: horse86

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
One reason why I keep mine as a weekend car, it is just a pleasure to lay the hammer down and get re-acquainted to the beast :wroom:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts