BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the winter season with ski/snowboard rack.

On OEM 166's with summer tires

This past weekend. On 20's

·
Registered
362 Posts
E60 m5 suv! Love it!!!!

-prk

Reactions: DKNewYork

·
Registered
3,988 Posts

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
You're nuts! :)

So do you put chains on there if conditions call for it or do you not take it when it's that bad? Based on those pics, it looks like the type of weather that make chains required.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're nuts! :)

So do you put chains on there if conditions call for it or do you not take it when it's that bad? Based on those pics, it looks like the type of weather that make chains required.
Took a chance. Wasn't supposed to snow til midday for an hour or two. But it started snowing early and didn't stop. Left the slopes early before the roads got worse. About an inch on the ground and was sliding all over the place. Got sideways on a small downhill in the parking lot. Drove 30-40 mph on a 65 mile zone throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Was pretty bad. Closer to NY, it turned to rain and was fine after that. Definitely will not do the again.

For the 20's. The weather was 40-50 degrees. So no issue with snow. Only problem was the mud. Almost got stuck a few times. Lol.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
i had a day like that while living in detroit. i was in the office and it started snowing at lunch time. i had a client meeting so i couldnt leave early....left around 3pm that afternoon with an inch of snow on the ground....worst driving experience ive ever had. i decided THAT DAY i was moving to LA.....90 days later i was in SoCal lol

Took a chance. Wasn't supposed to snow til midday for an hour or two. But it started snowing early and didn't stop. Left the slopes early before the roads got worse. About an inch on the ground and was sliding all over the place. Got sideways on a small downhill in the parking lot. Drove 30-40 mph on a 65 mile zone throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Was pretty bad. Closer to NY, it turned to rain and was fine after that. Definitely will not do the again.

For the 20's. The weather was 40-50 degrees. So no issue with snow. Only problem was the mud. Almost got stuck a few times. Lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts