BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly!!!! I had the same car. 2001 740i with the M Parallels

I like those wheels. They remind me of the sport wheels from my 2001 740I sport.
I liked those so much that I wanted something similar for the M in the winter

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice Setup! I heard it is common for new winter tires to behave this way until they are broken in. With more driving, you should be ok. I think it had something to do with the oils in the tire or the coating applied while in the mold.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I dont know about you guys but i'd never drive my M in the winter. I'd get a winter beater or sometin man.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I dont know about you guys but i'd never drive my M in the winter. I'd get a winter beater or sometin man.
Your car, certainly your choice. However, its just a car and its not going up in value.

PS - its also made in Germany :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a matter of convenience, another car needs parking space, maintenance, repairs, insurance, registration, plus it doesn't drive like an M.

·
Registered
732 Posts
My thoughts exactly!

Exactly why I drive mine, people think that I am crazy. I already have the M5 and a 540iT, and a motorcycle. I do not need any more maintenance costs. Also, then you are storing an extra "winter beater" in the summer, etc, etc, etc, and if you say that you can just buy something then sell it in the spring, good luck with the market the way it is, and unless you get something that you KNOW a lot of maintenance has been done on, you are going to have to get the "winter beater" into shape to actually handle the winter.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Nice looking winter wheels (although they would be better if they were an inch bigger). Personally, I drive the ///M during the winter (unless the roads have not been plowed), but I do understand why one would garage it for the winter especially if one wants to preserve the car for long-term use.

afc1

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
One question I always have for winter drivers...we all own M5's, which are not cheap - so why not have dedicated winter transportation??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts