BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just picked up a 2001 740 for a winter car because I just couldn't drive a Toyota Camry while my beast silently sleeps.

I was wondering if there are any Beastmasters up here in Toronto, Ontario, GTA area or elsewhere nearby who would like to get together sometime at a pub or restaurant to talk M5, share tips, etc. Maybe the start of an Ontario M5 owners club?

Post replies here, or email to [email protected], and I'll organize from there.

Cheers.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: Winter Blues in Ontario Canada

I'm in Oakville. Like you, my M5 is now garaged until better weather. I travel a lot in my job but if I'm in town I'd love to join the group.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tom Burns said:
Hi all,

Just picked up a 2001 740 for a winter car because I just couldn't drive a Toyota Camry while my beast silently sleeps.

I was wondering if there are any Beastmasters up here in Toronto, Ontario, GTA area or elsewhere nearby who would like to get together sometime at a pub or restaurant to talk M5, share tips, etc. Maybe the start of an Ontario M5 owners club?

Post replies here, or email to [email protected], and I'll organize from there.

Cheers.
Tom,
Count me in.
Cheers,

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Hi Tom, not from GTA but about 4 hours west on Hwy 401. My beast had it's final bath of the season last week and is now in hibernation until ........ better weather. If you guys get together, let me know as I'm in Toronto quite often.

Regards,
T.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Terk said:
Hi Tom, not from GTA but about 4 hours west on Hwy 401. My beast had it's final bath of the season last week and is now in hibernation until ........ better weather. If you guys get together, let me know as I'm in Toronto quite often.

Regards,
T.
Windor eh? Poor bastard ;) I used to spend a lot of time there, and inevitably got hassled for driving an "import". Not that I don't understand, the auto industry is the big player in that area. What killed me was that these were the same people who didn't think twice about going over to Detroit for gas, groceries, and anything they could bring back to Canada if the price/exchange suited them.

You'd love it in Oakville. Although there is a big Ford plant here, I'll bet there are more BMW's and Mercedes per capita than just about anywhere. The 3 series seems to be the "Ford Focus" of choice.

We'll keep in touch about getting together.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Tom, you remember Windsor well. I remember driving up to the Chrysler plant where they build the mini vans and they considered the Ford I was drving or anything competitive a foreign car. Today the import "thing" is not really a big deal as most of the local automotive industry are designing/building/supplying parts for all manufacturers.

Oh and Windsor's not so bad, I just feel more connected to the USA than Canada due our close proximity to Detroit.

Take care and let know if you guys get together.

:cheers:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and Windsor's not so bad, I just feel more connected to the USA than Canada due our close proximity to Detroit.

:cheers:[/QUOTE]
Well, it sure confused a lot of Chrysler workers who couldn't understand why "The Krauts" were "allowed" into the US car industry. But I guess the union just figured that this was the new management, and since they are genetically predisposed to hate management, everything is fine.ouich

You're obviously not a typical Windsorite. If you have an M5 you probably live on the drive, and didn't have to worry about buying a car that would cost a year's wages (with lots of overtime).:hihihi:

BTW-The Windsor Star is the only newspaper who's daily circulation exceeds the literate population. ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Tom.

I'm about 1hr outside of T.O. (between Ancaster and Brantford). Would love to get hooked up sometime, just keep me in the loop.

//vic

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Well, it seems that there are enough Beast owners in the area (at least enough to get a group buy on a pitcher of beer )to organize a get together.

I'm thinking sometime mid to late January. Obviously it will be impossible to set a time and date that everyone can make, so I'll just pick one and let everyone know. Hopefully it will be convenient for as many as possible.

I would however, like to get a feel for what days and times are prefered, so please send me an email to [email protected] with "OBC Inaugural" (that's Ontario Beast Club) as the subject. In the body please indicate your preference between weekday evenings (late), weekday evinings (early) or Saturday Morning, Saturday Afternoon, Saturday Evening, or Sunday Morn/Aft/Evg.

I will pick one that seems to suit the most and post a notice of the meeting later.

Thanks. Hope to meet many of you soon.

:byee55amg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Well, it seems that there are enough Beast owners in the area (at least enough to get a group buy on a pitcher of beer )to organize a get together.

I'm thinking sometime mid to late January. Obviously it will be impossible to set a time and date that everyone can make, so I'll just pick one and let everyone know. Hopefully it will be convenient for as many as possible.

I would however, like to get a feel for what days and times are prefered, so please send me an email to [email protected] with "OBC Inaugural" (that's Ontario Beast Club) as the subject. In the body please indicate your preference between weekday evenings (late), weekday evenings (early) or Saturday Morning, Saturday Afternoon, Saturday Evening, or Sunday Morn/Aft/Evg.

I will pick one that seems to suit the most and post a notice of the meeting later.

Thanks. Hope to meet many of you soon.

:byee55amg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi there, I live in the GTA as well and would love to meet up with some fellow beast owners :thumbsup:

However, I am expecting a baby mid-January, so there is a very good chance I will be busy changing diapers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CarbonBeast said:
Hi there, I live in the GTA as well and would love to meet up with some fellow beast owners :thumbsup:

However, I am expecting a baby mid-January, so there is a very good chance I will be busy changing diapers
No problem, just send along some cigars!

Congratulations - hope everything goes well. Also, you should be happy you'll still have the Beast. A lot of guys have had to sell their Beast and buy a
(gasp) mini van. :flag:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tom Burns said:
No problem, just send along some cigars!

Congratulations - hope everything goes well. Also, you should be happy you'll still have the Beast. A lot of guys have had to sell their Beast and buy a
(gasp) mini van. :flag:
Everything is going fantastic... hats off to my wife, she is a real trooper and is handling pregnancy without missing a beat!! lovelove

EGAD the thought of driving a minivan instead of the Beast :crying:

Actually, I used to drive an Audi TT and traded UP to a beast... justified it by saying "we need another 4 door!!" :1:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CarbonBeast said:
Actually, I used to drive an Audi TT and traded UP to a beast... justified it by saying "we need another 4 door!!" :1:
Very sensible.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DavidsM5 said:
Hey guys! One more Ontarian here in Mississauga!
Keep me posted when you want to get together. :cheers:

My email is: [email protected]
David

2000 Ti-Sil M5.
GC coilovers, SS brakelines and Rogue Short Shift kit.
Please email me directly with your info at [email protected] and I will add you to the OBC mailing list.

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts