BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone interested in another scenic drive through wine country in Sonoma County? I am willing to coordinate another one - the last one was a blast. Some tentative dates are; Oct.21, Oct.28, or Nov.4.

Those of you that were on the last drive; anything that you would do different this time?

John

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marlin,

That is exactly what the vineyards look like right now - we are right in thre middle of harvest. It is a great place to live if you are a wino like me.

John

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi John,

Nice to run into you in town this evening. Thanks for the heads up about the next ///M5 drive. I would suggest we avoid Nov. 4th weekend as this is a driver's school at Sears Point.(I'm in.) So, maybe the last weekend in Oct. is best, Sat. the 28th. As far as a route, let's talk off-line, or private e-mail so as not to gave any bogeys a heads up. We were way too lucky last time, no incoming and no hits.

Alberto

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alberto,

THe Nov. 4 driving school at Sears Point; is it a BMW CCA school?

John

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
John,
I'd be in for the 4th. We should start early where we ended last time. Even less cars.... all to ourselves yeahhhh. I'll make sure to ware my "patch".

·
Registered
127 Posts
John,

The driver's school on Nov. 4th is BMW CCA. So, let's aim for an earlier weekend for another drive. Let's get this one rolling. As soon as we get a date set, I can ask a beautiful woman from Seattle to come down for a visit. She wants to go for a drive, heh heh heh, in the M5. She likes to go fast, so I better pay attention here.

Alberto.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Barry,

Great to here from you! I like your idea of reversing the route. The drivers could be fresh for the most exhilirating part of the route.

I hear you on the "patch". It is really strange; when I ran at Thunderhill I didn't experience any problems compared to our spirited outing.

I need to here from more people on which dates work best. Otherwise we will just keep this real small and more flexible.

John

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alberto,

It was good to see you the other night-it's always fun getting passed by a bicycle. I don't know; fast cars and a fast woman could be a dangerous combination. It depends on whether you keep your hands on the steering wheel. You will not be getting any complaints out of me though.

John

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yo John,

I talked to the girl this morning and it looks like Saturday, Oct. 21st, would be a good day to make a run through the mountain roads with a group of M5's. See if you get a consensus that this is good for a few of the E39 guys, and I'll check with the E34's.

Thanks,
Alberto.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
About another Wine Country drive; my calendar suddenly became clogged and the only date that will work for me is Nov. 4.

It doesn't look like there is a large crew that is interested in doing this, but it still might be a lot of fun for a small group. We probably want to keep it a little more restrained than the last outing, but at least one portion of the route (Stewarts Point Rd.) is a virtually empty road.

It would be fun to get several M5's to show up that have after-market exhausts so that we can compare. I have B&B's and would love to hear other exhaust's(I like them but am not married to them if their is something better).

Anyone interested in a Santa Rosa/Healdsburg drive on Nov. 4?

John

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
John,
I'd be up for it!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JEM, Barry,
Great! It's on for Nov. 4.

Greg, are you still considering going?

Alberto, sorry about the collision on the date with your BMWCCA driving school.

For those of you that did not join in on the last drive, it will be a leisurely drive through wine country north of Santa Rosa as well as an opportunity to enjoy the twisties on some really nice roads. All years of M5's are welcome.

John
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Originally posted by jlvink:
John,

Sorry I will not be able to attend this time. So, the last time was a "leisurely" drive through the country? Well I am sure a little more acceleration won't hurt! I mean, if we did 150mph, surely 160mph is a possibilty.

Well, you guys have a safe, nonDMV drive through the country and get few pictures for us.

Perhaps next time,

Mark

JEM, Barry,
Great! It's on for Nov. 4.

Greg, are you still considering going?

Alberto, sorry about the collision on the date with your BMWCCA driving school.

For those of you that did not join in on the last drive, it will be a leisurely drive through wine country north of Santa Rosa as well as an opportunity to enjoy the twisties on some really nice roads. All years of M5's are welcome.

John
[email protected]

·
Registered
121 Posts
I can't make it this time. I'll be at the Sears Point driving school on 11/4.

Have fun (oh I know you will).

Marc

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mark(MAH),

I had dinner in Booneville last night which allowed me to drive the northern Hiway 128 twisty route that we took on the last drive. The return route was a blast because of very few cars. No chance to get air this time because my wife was threantening to point in my direction if she threw up. Maybe putting a little Dramamine in her food next time will help?

We will definitely take some photo's of our outing. We will stop at different wineries than last time; there should be some great photo-op's.

John

1 - 20 of 31 Posts