BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman, while putting on my BBS LM's today, I noticed my windshield nozzle on my hood to be slightly off. I took a look under the hood and the plastic is pretty much old and brittle. In my attempt to take the nozzle off i broke the lines to deliver the washer fluid to the nozzles because they were old and brittle. My question is if these lines are BMW specific? I went to autozone to get some new lines. I've put them on however the Outer diameter of the line is much thicker than the OEM lines. The I.D. is just fine, with no leaks, but i can't hide the lines like how BMW designed them to be hidden. Much thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Which lines did you replace and where? There are two lines for the windshield coming out of the engine bay, one from the intensive reservoir (up top) and another from the main reservoir. The lines feed under the hood insulation where each line "Ys" with providing a line from each reservoir to each spray nozzle.... I'm sure you could patch them with non OEM parts, might be messy though if they fail.

I replaced the lines and one of the spray nozzles last week. I used the OEM lines (part #2 below ~$60) which is a complete replacement kit composed of both fluid lines and the electrical line that powers the heated nozzles in the hood. The nozzles themselves are around $40.

BTW, if anyone can tell me where part #7 in this diagram actually goes in the engine bay I'm curious...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw i think part number 7 is what holds the connect that goes to the regular reservior not the intensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts