BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my windows tinted today. I've only had the car a little over a week, but after having tinted windows for years, it made it seem much longer than a week that I didn't have it.

I went with the same brand and % I had on my 550. The brand is Formula One, the series is Pinnacle Ceramic, and it is 15% all around except the windshield.

Here are some pics......

Black grilles will be next. These ugly chrome grilles have to go!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looks great! Mine came with 35% all around but the 15% looks really great!! There may be a change in store... Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
68 Posts
SICK!... wish I could get away with that dark, but nope!...not in Cali =(... I got 35% too, but I always get paranoid when I see a cop,

...although... my cousin is a cop and he says that they don't USUALLY mess with a luxury vehicle, of course, not if the driver seems suspicious or acting a fool.=P

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice no front windshield tint?
Thought about doing 70% on the windshield just to cut the heat......I wan't sure if it would allow the HUD to display properly on the windshield:confused:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SICK!... wish I could get away with that dark, but nope!...not in Cali =(... I got 35% too, but I always get paranoid when I see a cop,

...although... my cousin is a cop and he says that they don't USUALLY mess with a luxury vehicle, of course, not if the driver seems suspicious or acting a fool.=P
We lived in the Sacramento area for 10 years, and I had 5% tint on two cars, and never had an issue. The kicker was both cars had Florida plates and were registered in Florida. I didn't have to deal with emissions crap either:thumbsup:
My wife had a company car that had CA plates, and I tinted her side windows.....she got a Fix-it ticket within 2 weeks...lol

·
Registered
156 Posts

AgeeM6: I have had mine tinted at 5% for years without getting stopped once. It's not much of a problem in the Bay Area. And since it's only a "Fix It" ticket, your cousin can sign it off for you.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Looks perfect!

·
Registered
221 Posts
you are a sick sick man ,looks very mean ....congrats

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thought about doing 70% on the windshield just to cut the heat......I wan't sure if it would allow the HUD to display properly on the windshield:confused:
No need to worry about the HUD displaying properly. I have 35% windshield and I have 0 issues with the HUD, if anything..I think it might be better during the day since the glass is a bit darker.

Car looks great btw...I would go 50% windshield, I always had 50% on my previous cars and I went 35% this time around, and its great but the 50% is dark enough to be honest.

·
Registered
933 Posts
No need to worry about the HUD displaying properly. I have 35% windshield and I have 0 issues with the HUD, if anything..I think it might be better during the day since the glass is a bit darker.

Car looks great btw...I would go 50% windshield, I always had 50% on my previous cars and I went 35% this time around, and its great but the 50% is dark enough to be honest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts