BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question but:-
Whats the best product to use to clean off a dealers window sticker from the rear screen?
I have the original one on the car but its gone brown and spoils the look of the car.I,ve picked at the edges and small fragments come away,is it ok to use a white spirit solvent on the screen ?

·
Registered
585 Posts
a hair dryer would have nelped at the begining ,it softens the adhesive but would have left residue,i use a little petrol on a cloth will
remove it.might take a few goes.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan,

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
yes but be carefull at the rear window though that you dont scratsh the heatingstrings for defrosting when using razor blades.

i would use acceton on windows for removing residue.
for windows it works great BUT do not use acceton on paint though!! it will take away the shine really fast

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Use Goo-Gone. I'm amazed that no one suggested that yet.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek:Thanks guys.....Done!!
Embarassed to have ask !!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
A question I was going to ask this, same question but for factory privacy glass? I would normally peel the label when possible, then use a really small amount of Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover (and patience) to remove the greasy, sticky residue. I'm a bit nervous of destroying the tinting and making it worse than a bit of sticky goob.

Edit - I hate the way dealers put stuff like this on cars, even more the ones who put their own BADGES on the back. Aaaargh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts