BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I'm still a little exhausted and dizzy from the last few days. Got back home late last night from our private Willow Springs event. I'm posting some teaser pics for now until I can get some sleep and organize everything. I also have great footage from the film crew that I hired for the day, it will probably take a few days for them to give me all the footage in a workable format - they filmed at 30 fps. In the next few days I'll post pics to share with you all. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Private track days are awesome, for me I'm spoiled now, I can't do normal track days anymore.

Pictures are awesome, can't wait too see more!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Do people on this forum usually organize a private track day?

Or is it more of the super-ballers renting out a track for one day and five of their friends?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Do people on this forum usually organize a private track day?

Or is it more of the super-ballers renting out a track for one day and five of their friends?
For us, a bunch of buddies will pitch in for a track day. The last private track day I went too was for "ISG" (IN SIXTH GEAR). They wanted to do a shoot for there GTR but once they finished, time for us too use the track for the rest of the day. From the looks of it the OP rented the track out for a production as well but I could be wrong.

ISG - Exotic Cars for Sale - Aftermarket Auto Parts - Custom Wheels - In Sixth Gear

Sorry for the hijack, back to you sir! :checkeredflag:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A few more pics...

Attachments

Reactions: Dntlvet and khyber

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Pretty awesome!

I really wanna see the Veyron on the track. :)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some more...

Attachments

Reactions: khyber

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
For us, a bunch of buddies will pitch in for a track day. The last private track day I went too was for "ISG" (IN SIXTH GEAR). They wanted to do a shoot for there GTR but once they finished, time for us too use the track for the rest of the day. From the looks of it the OP rented the track out for a production as well but I could be wrong.

ISG - Exotic Cars for Sale - Aftermarket Auto Parts - Custom Wheels - In Sixth Gear

Sorry for the hijack, back to you sir! :checkeredflag:

No worries Khyber, the board is for everybody's viewing pleasure.

You hit it in the nail. The event was originally just a PR event for press that I invited to do a piece on the company I work for. But during the months of prep, the thing just expanded out of control - good out of control that is. So on top of a PR piece, the event turned into a production of promotional videos for our products, I also took advantage to produce footage for an upcoming consumer promotion I'll be doing in Latin America. On top of that, the head baller (owner of company) brought his enthusiastic son along, who then invited a dozen of his friends. When this group of kids rolled in, I swear I felt I was on the set of Fast and Furious, lol. Then we added drifting to the event, hired justdrift.com to bring a couple of cars to teach us how to drift. Drifting was hella hard. I got so frustrated, my car can drift, but I can't!!! I asked the pro drifter to drift my car anyways so we can get some good footage, it was wild riding shotgun while he was raping my M5. But of course, can't forget the most important part, we were lapping the crap out of the cars, 'til we puked basically.

The track peeps were very strict with their rules and regulations, it was tough to have camera guys in every turn. We were only allowed to set up 1 camera each on 2 turns, the top turn at the very back and the bottom "S" on the big Willow track. I don't have pics of the Veyron in action but I do have video of it in action, hehehe. Still waiting for all the raw footage to come back to me.

For now though, I can offer you some Veyron action video from the first PR piece I produced back in October. See link below. Its pretty tame though, coz we were filming up and down the 73 fwy and there were CHPs everywhere. Regardless, I was in the chase car directing and it was the coolest experience for me. One caveat, the video is in spanish (as this was produced for the Latam market), but towards the end you'll see the Veyron in action and really does not require any language skills to appreciate. Enjoy!

Un día con Mr. Pendrive - tecnologia - Telefe Noticias

1 - 10 of 10 Posts