BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 m5 that has been lowered about an inch. It has 275/35 -18 on it now and was wondering if anyone knew if I could get away with 285/35-18. I dont know how much clearance I have right now as the car and wheels are in separate garages right now. Thanks

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I have a 01 m5 that has been lowered about an inch. It has 275/35 -18 on it now and was wondering if anyone knew if I could get away with 285/35-18. I dont know how much clearance I have right now as the car and wheels are in separate garages right now. Thanks
Discussed MANY times. Do a quick search and you'll find it.

There are members who have run/currently running 285/35/18 tires. Largely depends on the tire manufacturer, and YMMV.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Yes, search is your friend. Yes, you can run 285 35 18s on all fours at ET15 in the front and ET15-25 in the rear. Thus, yes, you can run 295s in the rear with ET20-25. I run 285 35 18 with ET15 on all fours, Hankook R-S3s (summer) and Continental Extreme Contact DWS (winter), with a GC "indented" suspension and ride height of approximately 13.75" in front and about 14" in the rear (before corner-weighting).

--Peter

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Peter, how are those rs3s? considering them for the new wheels

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Peter, how are those rs3s? considering them for the new wheels
They are spectacular! I only got to run them for a couple of weeks before I had to go to off-season tires, but they are wicked-sticky! And very light for 285 35 18. They are a little noisy and a little rough, but if you want the closest you can get to an R-compound without actually going there, I think the RS3s are the shizzle! I think the comparable popular tire is the Nitto Nt05, though I hear the Pilot Super Sports may be comparable as well.

--Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts