BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 M5 w/ OEM Xenon lights, angel eyes and amber corner housings. I want to get rid of any amber color what so ever as I'm not a big fan. I've read several threads and most talk about going the Hella route to get rid of the amber corners. As I'm trying not to spend more $$$ than needed I was wondering if I could purchase some projector E39 housings off ebay with angel eyes and move over my xenon ballasts and lights to them?? Most of the projector housings are going for around $200. I'm just looking for a budget way to convert without getting more than I need. :dunno: TIA.

Here is one set that looks pretty good:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-03-BMW-E39-M5-Angel-Eyes-Projector-Black-Head-Lights_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ023QQitemZ360039199649QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I dont think that might work.

The low beams are H7 base. I think your factory ones are D2S. This means that you'd need new ballasts and lights. I'm not 100% sure about this, as you have a MY02 and I made the same upgrade to my MY2000, which has a slightly different system than yours.

Also, keep in mind that those are the only angel eyes that they come with. You will not be able to replace them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Diny. I figured that about the angel eyes, but it's good to hear confirmation from another member. Would it be possible to cut the connector housing off of the H7 base and replace it with the D2S? (if this is true)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Thanks Diny. I figured that about the angel eyes, but it's good to hear confirmation from another member. Would it be possible to cut the connector housing off of the H7 base and replace it with the D2S? (if this is true)
I'm not sure. The housing that you have now is different than the Projector39s. In your car, both lights come out of the housing as if being pushed out from within the car. With the p39s, the housing is a bit different (as you can see). Basically, the plastic is different. I dont know how it would work as a retrofit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts