BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am entertaining picking up a set of 19 x 9 with a 42 offset (front) and 19 x 9.5 with a 22 offset (rear) wheels for my Beast. Would this fit without problems?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Assuming the bolt pattern is 5 *120, the rears should be okay, but the fronts may not fit. I had AC Schnitzer Type 3 19s on my car and they were ET15, a far cry from a ET42. Sounds like spacers at the least assuming no clearance issues.

Hope that helps,
Bill

·
Registered
947 Posts
thats a strange combination.....even the e46 is ET36 and ET42. Check its not a mixed set!

What make are the rims? maybe worth checking whether they are actually manufactured for the m5!

cheers

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, they are off a Z4. I'm not sure they'll work. They are also not close by, so I cannot try them before I buy them. The skeptic in me is saying "stay away".

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
BrianS said:
Yeah, they are off a Z4. I'm not sure they'll work. They are also not close by, so I cannot try them before I buy them. The skeptic in me is saying "stay away".
Our cars have a larger center bore, something like 74mm IIRC, most other BMW's have about 72 or 72.4. If the center bore is smaller, prob not worth the hassle of trying to make them fit.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the bore is okay, because I went to the manufactures website and there are 3 versions of the same rim. The Z4 and M5 have the same bore, just different offsets.

Brian

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
BrianS said:
I think the bore is okay, because I went to the manufactures website and there are 3 versions of the same rim. The Z4 and M5 have the same bore, just different offsets.

Brian
Good to know, I thought the E39 had a larger bore. Thanks
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Are these winter wheels that will be mated with snow tires? If not, then I would be concerned about deacreasing the rear width from the stock 9.5" wheel.

Travis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts