BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Will the M6 get M DCT Transmission anytime soon?

5012 Views 18 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Bibendum
I was wondering since the new M3 will get the dual clutch auto... will the m6 and m5 get it anytime soon? or will it only be on the next generation M6
I was wondering since the new M3 will get the dual clutch auto... will the m6 and m5 get it anytime soon? or will it only be on the next generation M6
See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,665 Posts
ok thanks cosmos and gustav. So it will be in the next generation of m5 and m6 and when will those be coming in like 4-5 years?? Thanks for the info. Much appreciated
It is actually called DKT in the BMW's. It will not even initially available in the M3. They will be introduced as clutch on the floor manuals. The E60/63 will not have DKT until EOP as mentioned. BMW's next GT Super car probably will in 2010. I would imagine at least be an option. This tranny technology is the future! People ***** about it but it is superior technology that improves performance.:lightbulb::applause:

· Registered
1,665 Posts
the technology is based on 2 separate clutch mechanisms. 1 for even and 1 for odd numbered gears. One clutch releases the current gear while the other engages the next selected. It shortens shift time substantially and will lead to much smoother shifts. The gear changes are almost imperceptible.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.