BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the process of selling my E46 M3. I am looking around for CPO'd M5's for a decent price, but am having a hard time finding any CPO M5's (with extended warranty)

When do you guys think the prices will go into the low 50's/high 40's? I found an 06 with 13k miles for $57,000 which is the best deal I have seen so far, but my main concern is the warranty (2 years left). Should I wait a little bit more and keep searching for some good deals or settle for a CPO 750i?

Much appreciated

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
BMW is not CPO'ing the M5's, at least not yet. Maybe you could find one with the extended warranty but it will not be CPO'd.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
I am currently in the process of selling my E46 M3. I am looking around for CPO'd M5's for a decent price, but am having a hard time finding any CPO M5's (with extended warranty)

When do you guys think the prices will go into the low 50's/high 40's? I found an 06 with 13k miles for $57,000 which is the best deal I have seen so far, but my main concern is the warranty (2 years left). Should I wait a little bit more and keep searching for some good deals or settle for a CPO 750i?

Much appreciated
:3: First thing you should do is to figure out what model car you really want, they are so different....The next thing is when you shop, look for the nicest car you can find and make your best deal, if the car is at a dealer go for the extended warranty, they do sell aftermarket warrantys, some even better than the BMW one. Work the deal into the sale.
If you are buying from a private person, first go to a dealer and scope out the deals on buying a warranty, either BMW or aftermarket and again work the best deal, have the private party car checked out by a qualified mechanic, do the car fax thing, which i don't really have any faith in, accidents can be paid for without insurance co.'s being involved.....the GOOD mechanic is the "key"...Do your home work, and take your time.
As far as the economy is concerned it's going to be several years till we see stability again, and gas will NOT be going down soon, or really ever !!!! My "M" cars are NOT daily drivers, so you can save there and when you take the "m" out occasionally it makes it that much MORE enjoyable to be in it.....My View, a sight into the future.

.....................Good Luck, Enjoy...Greg, UFH, Santa................cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
06 with 13k miles for $57,000
That's a great price. You might want to check if that car was in an accident or something...almost seems too low. You're probably better off with an extended warranty than a CPO anyways. The extended warranty is almost assuredly more comprehensive. Just make sure that if you do a third party extended warranty that it is with a reputable company.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As Dave said above, that seems like a great price for a vehicle with such low mileage. Just confirm that it's not a buyback. A lot of 2006 cars I have seen are buybacks but if it's from a dealership, normally they will have an extended warranty that covers up to 100k. Good luck with the search!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yeah, it's a great price.......but believable....good deals ARE out there if you look long enough and far enough.......I just paid less than that for mine WITH mods on it......I am suspecting though...that the depreciation will mostly stop around there for a while.....it's come down almost $40k from new.....CAN'T come down much more for a while......NOT when E39s are still commanding over $20K...I'd be surprised to see any worthwhile examples hit the $40's for another year or more.......

Chris

·
Registered
915 Posts
aram, they don't CPO m5s. they come with the original 50 miles/4 year. i bought mine from center bmw and it was "CPO'd" but they dont extend the warranty. at least i know my car has never been into a accident and a dr drove it before me.. so i doubt he abused it.

good luck.. they cheapest you'll find one is at 55k (at the auctions)

- josh

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:3: First thing you should do is to figure out what model car you really want, they are so different....The next thing is when you shop, look for the nicest car you can find and make your best deal, if the car is at a dealer go for the extended warranty, they do sell aftermarket warrantys, some even better than the BMW one. Work the deal into the sale.
If you are buying from a private person, first go to a dealer and scope out the deals on buying a warranty, either BMW or aftermarket and again work the best deal, have the private party car checked out by a qualified mechanic, do the car fax thing, which i don't really have any faith in, accidents can be paid for without insurance co.'s being involved.....the GOOD mechanic is the "key"...Do your home work, and take your time.
As far as the economy is concerned it's going to be several years till we see stability again, and gas will NOT be going down soon, or really ever !!!! My "M" cars are NOT daily drivers, so you can save there and when you take the "m" out occasionally it makes it that much MORE enjoyable to be in it.....My View, a sight into the future.

.....................Good Luck, Enjoy...Greg, UFH, Santa................cherrsagai

To be honest, 60% of why I want the M5 is so I can put on the Eisenmann Race exhaust and enjoy the harmony everytime I drive. I've driven M5's and M6's (3 of my friends have M6's) I love the way they feel, I love the power, etc. But im also trying to be "smart" about purchasing a car since I bought my E46 brand new and I lost alot on depreciation (more than I thought I would) I took it as a lesson learned.

So now im just looking for practicality, etc but obviously wouldn't mind some power to go with it. I also need a car, I guess you can say "presentable" since I deal with clients twice my age on a daily basis. I have found some very nice deals on 750i and Li's with extended warranty, but there is still something inside of me that craves that power.

aram, they don't CPO m5s. they come with the original 50 miles/4 year. i bought mine from center bmw and it was "CPO'd" but they dont extend the warranty. at least i know my car has never been into a accident and a dr drove it before me.. so i doubt he abused it.

good luck.. they cheapest you'll find one is at 55k (at the auctions)

- josh
Hey josh, what you been up to brother?
I think I am going to go along with my cousin, since he owns a dealership, to one of the auctions and see what kind of prices come up, etc.

Thanks for your comments guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts