BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the business cd unit? I'm thinking an oil pressure and oil temperature gauge might be more useful in that location.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You might want to ask on some other forums... m5s with business cd are extremely rare. No north american models had it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might want to ask on some other forums... m5s with business cd are extremely rare. No north american models had it.
I didn't know that. Did they all come with the NAV/on-board monitor? Realoem lists business cd part numbers for the US M5s.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, all north american m5s came with nav as standard equipment. Realoem may list it as it would certainly be possible to install it.

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
Yes, all north american m5s came with nav as standard equipment. Realoem may list it as it would certainly be possible to install it.
Didn't the 540 come with the business setup?

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I don't think it will work. I have the business cd above the radio controls in my e53 x5 and the business cd is really where are all the brains are. The radio control is mostly just an interface with no audio power. I am not good with car electronics so I don't know the precise names for things, but to answer your question....no.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
But.... a 540 is not an M5...cherrsagai
Agreed! But for purposes of answering the question, some 540 guys might have an answer.....

Didn't even consider the X5, good thought.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think it will work. I have the business cd above the radio controls in my e53 x5 and the business cd is really where are all the brains are. The radio control is mostly just an interface with no audio power. I am not good with car electronics so I don't know the precise names for things, but to answer your question....no.
Yeah; I thought that might be the case. Oh well, time to try another location.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Indeed, but its enough to get me in plenty of trouble.
Haha! I wasn't hating or anything, just kinda being a smart ***. Nothing wrong with 540's. Dope cars!

But from what I was able to just find on google, seems like the cd portion is indeed the main head unit. CD53 or similar. As was just stated, looks like you're outta gas if you want to retain "factory functions".

Then again... Call me crazy, but what's stopping you from relocating the headunit to the back of the car? Ala M5 status with the main head unit in the trunk? Extend those two plugs that are in back of the radio back there, figure out a mounting location, and you still have factory functions with space for your gauges?...

Or even in your glove box?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a pretty cool idea. I'll check it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts