BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have access to a free Continental CS2 in 285/35/19 (e60 m5 rear fitment). I need to replace the tyres on the PG2's anyway... soooo.... Does anyone run that size on their PG2's with any issue?

Buying another one to make a pair is a damm side cheaper than buying 2 tyres (here in OZ anyway)

Cheers,
Aaron

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
is should be fine but you have to roll your rear fenders...tires will be too tall...
Hi all,

I have access to a free Continental CS2 in 285/35/19 (e60 m5 rear fitment). I need to replace the tyres on the PG2's anyway... soooo.... Does anyone run that size on their PG2's with any issue?

Buying another one to make a pair is a damm side cheaper than buying 2 tyres (here in OZ anyway)

Cheers,
Aaron

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have pg3s on my car with 10" rears. I will look tomorrow to see what size I have. I know they are 285 x 19 but cannot remember if they are 35s or 30s. The fenders are rolled. I will let you know

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Went to get car out of storage and battery was dead. Someone unplug the trickle charger and that pissed me off. I have 285 x 35 x 19 on the rear. They are PS2. They do not rub at all even with 3 large people in the backseat. I tried a set of PS2 285 x35 x 19 that were for a 911 and they rubbed. They were a lot flater on the sides and looked wider, than the ones for a BMW. Good luck

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Aaron,

On another thought, you'd might be able to get away with the E60 M5 OEM sizing on E39 depending on how you lowered the car.

I found this pic on bimmerforums I think.
Its running 255/40/19, 285/35/19 Contisport 3 (OEM M5) on this pic.

I think between the black wheels and the slammed look, it helps eleviate the taller sidewall visual cue.

PS: In any case its free tires right? So I would just get it and try it, you got nothing to lose except remounting fee ;)

Regardz,

J Irwan

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts