BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All:

I currently have Brembo brakes on my 19" AC Type III. (F 19"X8.5" / R 19"X9.5")

Howerver, I want to buy a set of 18" BMW factory wheels (M-Parallel) for my E39. (F 18"X8" / R 18"X9.5").

I would assume many of E39 M5 owners have install the similiar Brembo rotors/calipers on thier beast with OEM 18" wheels.

I would like to get a conifrmation to see if the OEM 18" wheels will fit on my Brembo rotors without any problems.

Here are my current 19" wheels on Brembo:

Thank you and I appreciate your input.

Regards,
Jimmy

·
Registered
272 Posts
IIRC, the M Parallel wheels in 18 in. should clear your brakes.

I remember a post by Dave Z mentioning that the M Parallel wheels in 17 in. cleared the StopTech kit for the e39, for people with a BBK that were looking for a spare.

Maybe Dave Z or someone else could chime in and confirm this.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here is the post I was speaking of, if these are the wheels then they should work in 18in. since they clear a BBK in 17in.

DZeckhausen said:
You can get a 17" Style 66M wheel and use it as a spare. It's going to kill your trunk space, though.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amir M5 said:
Here is the post I was speaking of, if these are the wheels then they should work in 18in. since they clear a BBK in 17in.

I called Brembo and they say 18'X"8" should fit, but I'm not sure it would clear the caliper. The one I'm getting looks more like this:

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
You actually would probably need to get a spacer if you're going to use these wheels with the Brembo brakes. Stoptech front BBK is the only one that will actually fit under the stock 18" wheels. That's why I chose Stoptech over the Brembo at the time. DZeckhausen would know for sure. Send him a PM.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
atomic80 said:
You actually would probably need to get a spacer if you're going to use these wheels with the Brembo brakes. ................. QUOTE]

It is it because the Brembo calipers are located slightly outward?

atomic80 said:
You actually would probably need to get a spacer if you're going to use these wheels with the Brembo brakes. ................. DZeckhausen would know for sure. Send him a PM.
Thanks, I already send him a e-mail

Further thoughts? Thanks buddy! :)

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
JIMMY said:
Thanks, I already send him a e-mail

Further thoughts? Thanks buddy! :)
Dave Z is out until at least Monday (unless he has his PDA or wireless laptop at Sebring!!!).
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
64 Posts
Speaking of brakes, is there any real difference between the GT rotor/caliper combo offered by Brembo and Dinan brake kit?? :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.