BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies for the vague title but I didn't want to write a book in the subject line.

I currently have the front of my car on jackstands in the garage rebuilding the suspension and patiently waiting for the SS headers to arrive.

While waiting I would like to remove the subframe and stock manifolds from the car to be prepared for when the headers arrive as I haven't driven my car since Nov now and just want it back together to enjoy.

My question is, if I drop the subframe and leave it out of the car, is there a possibility I can damage anything because it isn't in place or should I be doing something else like keeping the motor jacked up? Probably a silly question but since I really don't know the answer to this one I wanted to throw it out there.

I believe I would be okay by leaving it out till the headers arrive but just want to make sure.

Thanks for any feedback.

Rick

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to use an engine support bar across the top. I was going to grab my brothers from him.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
If that is damaging, then my car is a real mess because it's been on four jack stands and with the motor hanging from a support for a while now!

It's fine. No worries.

--Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts