BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
this is a real good upgrade I would do it with white side markers if you are going to go through the hasstle.
vics said:
Might be purchasing OEMs from an 03 (entire concealed units)- wanted to assure it's a direct swap..
Thanks guys ! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
it was a very straight forward upgrade for me in my 2000. Just hook the power wire for the halos to the power wire for the side marker from the 00 lights.
In other words, you will need the connectors from the 03 lights to splice with your 2000 harness

·
Registered
54 Posts
vics said:
Might be purchasing OEMs from an 03 (entire concealed units)- wanted to assure it's a direct swap..
Thanks guys ! :D
Again depending on the price would recommend white clear side markers. The after market white clear side markers are entirely sealed and made by Hella the same company that makes the stock original part. Yes, the 2003 will swap out without the uniqueness of the white clear side markers. A beamer store will provide the y-adapter. It is not worth the price to go on ebay. If you can get a certified beamer mechanic to intall. I would strongly suggest you just go to a body shop. They are the cheapest alternative. My car was freshly painted with the install. It was a breeze.

Tom

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is great advice as I just finished installing my clear corners on my 2000 just about 20 mins. ago. I turned them on and the angel eyes did not work. I was panicing, but then realized their was an extra connection with no where to go. I am quite a simpleton when it comes to automotive repair so this was a pretty easy install.

Lyle

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but does anyone have pics (before/after) of what the angel eyes look like. I just got a 2000 M5 and love it. I would like to know the difference. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts