BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
so I got the ok from CCW rep that these sizes do actually fit. The thing I'm not sure about is if they'll fit with the KW variant 3's I'm running. Anyone out there have a similar setup that I can make some comparisons to? Wanna make sure I don't run into clearance issues. New wheels coming soon:applause: Cmom M5board, help me speed up the process, I can't wait any longer.....suspense is killing me:crying:

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
does the spring come down past the tire or wheel? if so, they most likely won't, assuming CCW's calculations are based on OEM suspension design and intent.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Ditto...
CCW will be calculating their clearances based on a stock spring configuration. If the suspension in question drops past the wheel/tire level, as a lot do, then their clearances will likely not work out. And if their specs fit very tight in to the wheel well, spacers will not work. So if this is the case, where your suspension causes clearance issues, you can either re-calculate wheels size taking into consideration the spring perch offset or check their exact dimensions and see if it allows for a small spacer to clear it.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Don't know about the "with KW suspension" part (which I understand is the thrust of the question), but I know that 18 x 10s fit up front with ET 13 or ET 8, depending upon whether you are running 275s or 285s, respectively. 18 x 11's reportedly work on the rear with ET 21 or thereabouts and 295s. Would love to see 18 x 11s and 305s on the rear.

--Peter

·
Registered
476 Posts
Don't know about the "with KW suspension" part (which I understand is the thrust of the question), but I know that 18 x 10s fit up front with ET 13 or ET 8, depending upon whether you are running 275s or 285s, respectively. 18 x 11's reportedly work on the rear with ET 21 or thereabouts and 295s. Would love to see 18 x 11s and 305s on the rear.

--Peter
i would like to see this setup as well as i too have been curious on the fitment. Personally i think this setup will work fine but you may have to adjust the coils to a higher setting for clearance, or fit the wheels with a smaller tire, but then youll have this tire stretch look, like all the VW kids are about.

·
Registered
537 Posts
im running 11.5s ET 9 in the rear with 255/35/19 tires and 9.5s ET 9 with 215/35/19 tires. i had to do a stretch with the look and set up im running. my rear fender needed to be grinded down so the rubber won't hit when the car goes over a bump. clearance on the inside between the wheel and the spring is about an inch gap. good enough space to drive with no rubbing there.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
i would like to see this setup as well as i too have been curious on the fitment. Personally i think this setup will work fine but you may have to adjust the coils to a higher setting for clearance, or fit the wheels with a smaller tire, but then youll have this tire stretch look, like all the VW kids are about.

the spring height may not matter that much if the perch/threaded collar is still in the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts