BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I could ever adequately describe the close (but cool!:cool:) call I had today, but maybe some of the locals who've been on this drive (Gustav too) can appreciate it. Ran up to Julian today with a couple friends, one of whom was a cop(!) He let me get away with bald RA1's (getting new ones this week) and some 100mph stuff. So I was already feeling kinda bulletproof on the way back down the mountain when we got into the section of crazy turns that have huge (fatal) drop offs. I'm behind two big RV/bus rigs. At a turn-off, the RV in front of me pulls to the right, and I pass him around the corner. Just down the road, at the next turn-off, the remaining ginormous rig pulls to the right, and I start passing him around the corner- when he pulls back in!:eek:oohhh: I'm now committed to passing - around the hairest ,blind corner on the mountain, with my lane closed off, and cars coming in the other lane.:eek:oohhh: So I thread the needle. 2 cars, and 1 huge rig, sharing 2 narrow lanes around the nastiest corner on the mountain. I floored it, and cleared the rig in a huge powerslide (probably a good thing the tires were bald!), with my cop buddy turning green. Thankful to be alive, but I suspect I'll never hear the end of it.

·
4,353 Posts
Not sure if I could ever adequately describe the close (but cool!:cool:) call I had today, but maybe some of the locals who've been on this drive (Gustav too) can appreciate it. Ran up to Julian today with a couple friends, one of whom was a cop(!) He let me get away with bald RA1's (getting new ones this week) and some 100mph stuff. So I was already feeling kinda bulletproof on the way back down the mountain when we got into the section of crazy turns that have huge (fatal) drop offs. I'm behind two big RV/bus rigs. At a turn-off, the RV in front of me pulls to the right, and I pass him around the corner. Just down the road, at the next turn-off, the remaining ginormous rig pulls to the right, and I start passing him around the corner- when he pulls back in!:eek:oohhh: I'm now committed to passing - around the hairest ,blind corner on the mountain, with my lane closed off, and cars coming in the other lane.:eek:oohhh: So I thread the needle. 2 cars, and 1 huge rig, sharing 2 narrow lanes around the nastiest corner on the mountain. I floored it, and cleared the rig in a huge powerslide (probably a good thing the tires were bald!), with my cop buddy turning green. Thankful to be alive, but I suspect I'll never hear the end of it.

YOU: :woowoo:woohoo-I-Lee-Veh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts