BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems relative cheap. anyone here have them? any thoughts on how these compared to the pricey Dinan?

-joe

·
Registered
837 Posts
I believe strong strut and Kelleners also make one but I am not sure if they are cheaper, you can check them out further on Beastpowers website, Josh

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cebu:

Purchased one four months ago, easy to install, looks good and works fine. Did notice a difference on hard cornering compared to not having one. I drove a friend's beast with a Dinan strut brace on the same roads and didn't notice any differences. However, the only way to really tell the difference between the Dinan strut brace and the Wiechers is to drive the same car on the same course/road with the different strut brace. Wiechers has a good reputation and popular in Europe. Dinan makes a great product as well. There's also a price consideration $549 for Dinan vs $199 for Weichers. With different makes/manufacturers and pricing, there will always be differences of opinions of a certain product. For me the Wiechers suits my needs.

Rick

:byee55amg

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
rhfong1 said:
There's also a price consideration $549 for Dinan vs $199 for Weichers.
If there was ever a product where you are buying name alone, this might be it. Of course the bar must mount well, and enable service, and have appropriate connectors- but there isn't something mysterious about the modulus of elasticity in the alloy Dinan uses....

is there?
:)

A

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have one, goto 'view my car' , there should be a pic or two if you want to see it on a car....

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have one and have been very happy with it for a third of the cost of the Dinan one in the United Kingdom; yes it doesn't look quite as impressive as the Dinan one, but then that's not a concern to me. Excellent value - recommended. The brand here in Europe has an amazing racing pedigree.

Roger

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have never heard of this brand, is it available in the US for 199.00? if so I may quit waiting to find a dinan one off ebay and get this one, looks are important to me, but also value for my money ranks up there at the top as well, Josh

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bmwusa said:
I believe strong strut and Kelleners also make one but I am not sure if they are cheaper, you can check them out further on Beastpowers website, Josh
i think Kelleners only makes them for nonm 5-series.
the Strong Strut looks like it's "strategically" priced below Dinan but still more than double the price of Wiechers'. looks good though.

-joe

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rick,

thanks for your comments. any fitment issues at all? i think i will get these and figure out what to do with $350. :hihi:

-joe

rhfong1 said:
Cebu:

Purchased one four months ago, easy to install, looks good and works fine. Did notice a difference on hard cornering compared to not having one. I drove a friend's beast with a Dinan strut brace on the same roads and didn't notice any differences. However, the only way to really tell the difference between the Dinan strut brace and the Wiechers is to drive the same car on the same course/road with the different strut brace. Wiechers has a good reputation and popular in Europe. Dinan makes a great product as well. There's also a price consideration $549 for Dinan vs $199 for Weichers. With different makes/manufacturers and pricing, there will always be differences of opinions of a certain product. For me the Wiechers suits my needs.

Rick

:byee55amg

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah yes, there it is. got any close up?

Keith97M3turbo said:
I have one, goto 'view my car' , there should be a pic or two if you want to see it on a car....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, it looks fine to me. it doesn't look as good as Dinan BUT that doesn't really matter to me as long as it functions well. plus it's under the hood anyways. how long have you had yours?

-joe

rogbacon said:
I have one and have been very happy with it for a third of the cost of the Dinan one in the United Kingdom; yes it doesn't look quite as impressive as the Dinan one, but then that's not a concern to me. Excellent value - recommended. The brand here in Europe has an amazing racing pedigree.

Roger

·
Registered
92 Posts
cebu said:
Rick,

thanks for your comments. any fitment issues at all? i think i will get these and figure out what to do with $350. :hihi:

-joe
Joe,

No fitment issues. It was easy to install, took about 30 minutes at the most.

Rick :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Forgive me for asking...but is this a recommended mod?...Does it work?...What exactly is it supposed to do?...How can I tell if I need it?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Anyone sell them in the US?

A quick Google shows that Wiechers is apparently the OE vendor for the JCW-package brace for the Minis.

·
Registered
266 Posts
a place called AutoMark sells them here in the states,
I think it is www.auto-mark.com
I've seen recent ads in the Roundel too.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
drallen said:
Forgive me for asking...but is this a recommended mod?...Does it work?...What exactly is it supposed to do?...How can I tell if I need it?

Thanks,

Mark
I though someone would jump in...

It is designed to prevent the front strut towers from flexing with hard cornering- improving steering and handling precision.

I believe it has limited benefit with the E39 due to the already rigid structure. IIRC, shadowman had chimed in to this effect.

Looks pretty serious...

(Need to have clear panels on the hood to show off the bar and the CF plenum cover.)

A

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have had mine for 4 months or so, but I can't really comment on its standalone benefit as I had the rest of the suspension done at the same time. Yes the e39 has a very stiff shell, but there will still be some unwanted flex - you can't engineer it out completely.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts