BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E34 M5 has an elegant look. I like the body contours.

At the same time want to have a wide body kit, should be elegant and not exaggerated. I would like to fit 305 tires and want to have a nice look.

I was able to find Zeemax, which has nice fenders but bumpers are not nice.

Would you please share your thoughts/photos about wide body M5s?

·
Registered
108 Posts
i've yet to see one that's not horrid. maybe this thread will deliver the goods?

·
Registered
235 Posts
It took me some time finding this one, but it was well worth it. I knew I had seen it some time ago since one was for sale in Sweden. Anyhow, it's the AC Schnitzer E34 M5 - more known as "Silhouette".

Unfortionally I never saved the pics of the specific car that was for sale some time ago, those were acutally quite nice. Neither do I remember how the pricetag looked, but it wasn't totally off the scale.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I remember it being on sale for about 7000 euros. Nice car I must say and the only wide body conversion I would ever consider.

But I still never ever would...

·
Registered
235 Posts
I remember it being on sale for about 7000 euros. Nice car I must say and the only wide body conversion I would ever consider.
Any possibility that you also got the registration number from Vägverket? I'd love to keep my eyes on that particular car :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Silhouette does not look great witht the fenders wider, but it may be necessary with extra power i am getting.

Do you know where to get these fenders?

·
Registered
7,933 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
@Burton
If you get the opportunity, please take lot's of photos of it :)

I just got some more of a blue one today, uploaded to my photobucket.com account

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont want to spoil the contours of E34, but due to the turbo power i need beefy tires.

i am leaning towards a zeemax widebody kit, but dont want the bumpers. just the fenders.

what are your opinions?

·
Registered
151 Posts
You would most likely have to modify the original bumpers a bit to get the lines to match up.

You can order only the fenders, so that ain't a problem

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You would most likely have to modify the original bumpers a bit to get the lines to match up.

You can order only the fenders, so that ain't a problem
may i ask whether you have seen a widebody on the street? how does it look like?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry I haven't seen one IRL, I would love to see one IRL but i don't think there is many of them around.

Have a look in my gallery, added some more pictures a while back.

Then you would also get an idea as to what mods. you would have to do to the bumpers.

·
Registered
900 Posts
ACS kit is NLA and damn near impossible to find. However, like Wout stated, unless you prefer the look of a wide body kit, you probably don't need one. Vs. has over 1000hp in their M5 and have no wide body. Just roll the $hit out of your fenders like this guy did!

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Vs. has over 1000hp in their M5 and have no wide body.
True, but he also spinns the tires like crazy.
A few month back when i saw him on track, he did not have any advantage in a race with cars having half he's power.
He simply dossen't have grip to use those 1000HP, it's only for show and spinning past by standers at 200Kmh.

But it is nice to look at :M5launch::applause:

And that was a rally good picture cherrsagai

·
Registered
900 Posts
True, but he also spinns the tires like crazy.
A few month back when i saw him on track, he did not have any advantage in a race with cars having half he's power.
He simply dossen't have grip to use those 1000HP, it's only for show and spinning past by standers at 200Kmh.

But it is nice to look at :M5launch::applause:

And that was a rally good picture cherrsagai
Yeah, I realized it probably wasn't the best example. ouich I could be wrong, but I don't think daytonaM5 is going to be putting down 1000hp either. And if he is, then he is going to find he will need more then wider tires to balance the high hp. Building a fast car is more about balance then power. If you only want a powerful car, then don't worry about big tires. Smoking the one's you've got is half the fun!!! :M5launch: :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Brian

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Close to 1000bhp is quite attaintable with a turbo conversion of 3.5-3.8l engines, several E34's in Sweden have put down over 1000 hp.

I would go for rolled or rebuilt fenders instead of a wide body kit.

How wide do you want to go?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Close to 1000bhp is quite attaintable with a turbo conversion of 3.5-3.8l engines, several E34's in Sweden have put down over 1000 hp.

I would go for rolled or rebuilt fenders instead of a wide body kit.

How wide do you want to go?
thanks a lot. i made 798 whp (low boost) out of my 3,2L m3 twin turbo, which is almost 1142 hp.

So yes power will be over 1000 for sure, and this time with lots of torque.

I need to install 325 width. 325-50-15 M/T

What would you advise?

BTW thanks for the interest.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts