BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recived today my 5£ fuelfilters(oem) from ebay. So installed mine right away.
Here is couple pics.

My big surprise was that i have original fuelfilter from factory. Manufacture date 27.11.1998

In that white can i have fuel what was blowed out from the old filter. Errrhmmm Old filter had so mutch s*it inside.

Installed and ready to go. Pretty easy job to do. Cover away, couple bolts from clamps away and couple fuel lines away. No need for special tools. ouich

Clogged filters are usually main reasons why our fuelpumps fail. My fuelpump has been changed by previous owner couple years ago, i wonder why.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Thanks for the write up.

Did you change the crush washer too ?

·
Registered
732 Posts
WOAH, what were you at prior to change in the Test 4 in secret menu? I am surprised you did not have more issues with that being the original filter.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Recived today my 5£ fuelfilters(oem) from ebay. So installed mine right away.
Here is couple pics.

My big surprise was that i have original fuelfilter from factory. Manufacture date 27.11.1998

In that white can i have fuel what was blowed out from the old filter. Errrhmmm Old filter had so mutch s*it inside.

Installed and ready to go. Pretty easy job to do. Cover away, couple bolts from clamps away and couple fuel lines away. No need for special tools. ouich

Clogged filters are usually main reasons why our fuelpumps fail. My fuelpump has been changed by previous owner couple years ago, i wonder why.
Surely this should have been changed way before now if its been serviced properly????

·
Registered
595 Posts
Infact, in bmw service program havent fuelfilter changing milage/age.
Are you saying BMW dont require this changing fairly regularly??

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Exactly. I have servicelist to oilinspection, inspection 1 and 2, bad thing it is in finnish.
Maybe translate helps you somehow. http://btcffaq.info/faq/misc/BMW_huoltolista.pdf

Some other cars it has to replace at inspection 2.

Fuelfilter is at "Polttonestepääsuodatin uusitaan" It is required only 318tds, 320d, 330d, 525d, 525tds, 530d, X5 3.0d, 725tds, 730d and 740d.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm amazed.
You are right.Only regular fuel filter change is for diesels in the Service book.
However,I think its worth changing in the inspection 2 service personally.

·
Registered
595 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts