BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a couple of things done to the M5 (Tubi exhaust, AA CAI, IATS and Conforti chip) and the tech who worked on it is the grumpiest bugger I have ever met.

First, he complained that I brought him a used exhaust (it fit perfectly because of that previous install - you have to move the brackets on the Tubi so it doesnt look crazy at the back), complained that he put on the CAI, replaced the bumper, and THEN read the directions for the IATS (first instruction - remove bumper :)). Got in at 5:45am on the day I needed the car back by nine so he could complete a valve cover gasket leak (made a minor comment about that) and then, while I was there took the car for a test drive.

He came back with the biggest grin on his face, and couldnt stop talking about how darn fast the car was, how amazing the parts were, blah blah blah.

I love this guy. A) He did a perfect job B) He showed up at 5:45am so that I could have it when it was needed C) When the job was finally done, you could see the pride and confidence he had in his work by the way he drove it after D) Despite the gripes, he loves what he does.

We need to clone him.

His name is Kent and he works at Enthusiast Auto in Cincinnati. If you ever need a good tech in this area, he's your man.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
seriously, all the best mechanics do nothing but moan. I am in the motortrade myself and work for VW. I get all my mods done at work on the beast on the ramp in front of my desk. Out of the five techs we have, two worked on the old 530i, and only one has worked o the M5 - more than happy for the other two who worked on the previous e39 to work on the beast too!

the three best guys in the workshop are also the grumpiest by far!

strange but true!

cheers

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:biggrinbounce: Yes he was. And he's getting grumpier by the minute as he and I discuss the new setup for the M3. He wants me to get an engine built, I want to stick a supercharger on it, blow it up eventually, then build an engine. He told me I was an idiot. I want to hire him for my shop, but then he wouldnt be working on my car :nono:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts