BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking on the net for a few months now and for some reason there are not many 09 M5's on the market...does anyone know why? was there limited production during that year or what?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Leases are not up yet and no new M5/6. Wait until 2012 there should be plenty.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my lease is up in March 2011, do you think the difference between 08 and 09 is worth the wait?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
M5 largets sales are right after the launc and during the first year in the US-market. Also, blame the economy for 2009 ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
MY2009 started in Aug of 2008 so you should see them coming off lease and into the market beginning in September of 2011.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
MY2009 started in Aug of 2008 so you should see them coming off lease and into the market beginning in September of 2011.
some may come off sooner if they r two year leases...

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
A few factors....

-leases not turned in yet
-bad economic conditions
-by 09, prices were reduced so much for CPO M5s that people did not see the need for a new one, and the unpopular larger mirrors may have swung more people towards CPO cars (2010s had the new iDrive which prompted more to buy them, IMO)
-lastly, I don't know if this is true (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but it seems like 09, like 07, was a pretty short production year. One day the new 09s come out, and then before I knew it I started seeing 2010s with the new nav being sold.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
A few factors....

-leases not turned in yet
-bad economic conditions
-by 09, prices were reduced so much for CPO M5s that people did not see the need for a new one, and the unpopular larger mirrors may have swung more people towards CPO cars (2010s had the new iDrive which prompted more to buy them, IMO)
-lastly, I don't know if this is true (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but it seems like 09, like 07, was a pretty short production year. One day the new 09s come out, and then before I knew it I started seeing 2010s with the new nav being sold.

afc1
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" type=hidden>
+1...AFC1 nailed it!

Reactions: AFC1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts