BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took a look at Edwards.com; NADA.com and KBB.com to see what my car is worth. It is a (late) 2006 with less than 12K miles on it, and has every option except Comfort Access and Rear Air Bags. It is also in excellent condition.

All three sites are stating that my car wholesale is worth about $62K-$65K, at a minimum!!

Why then are we seeing '06 M5s selling for much lower prices? Are these sites completely wrong, or is my car with its low mileage, options and perfect condition worth so much more than others that have recently sold?

Just wondering about the discrepancy.

Bish

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wholesale is always less than actual price. For what you are listing, I'd say you could get anywhere from 65-70k for it. Just check car sales sites and find comparable cars and see what they are going for, then price accordingly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
A bunch of these low price M5/M6's have been wreaked or have the not so sought after color combo's. Also you have to take options into account. i have never seen a alpine white with blk / carbon interior sell for a low price.

I was looking for a 06' E55 for my wife, after running car faxes on about 30 cars only 2 were clean. Most had been in some sort of accident or had lots of service issues. 80% of the cars had repeated service for electrical issues.....

·
Registered
740 Posts
Most of the times... things are just too good to be true... IMO... when it comes to purchase your dream car... you should not be cutting corners to the point in which you may regret later... In this case... I would avoid buying pre-owned M5 unless it retains its original warranty or I am able to extend the warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts