BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Look like member "extassy" with full Hamann bodykit, Blk Radenergie R20 wheel, and custom interior. But not 100% sure.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Interior is unique! Looks good, I'm sure the dark center saves the seats from most of the discoloration.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
625hp!!! It must be utilising Nos

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
bonehead why you blowing up spots like that lol

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

dteray1 said:
Browsing for some exhaust clip and I found this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di4VcJxZXLk&NR=1
Anyone on this board?
Never seen the car before.
Just curious, how u know it 625hp? Its not mention anywhere on the video.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Who says this M5 has 625bhp? Now that M5 would have to be a Dinan stroker which would put it at 500 rwhp.
My M5 on pure motor makes 460 rwhp which is 575 bhp when you figure the DT loss. My M5 on nitrous revealed a dyno pull of 581 rwhp which would be 726 bhp.
The car on the video sounded good but the hp claim has to be substantiated.

Wait till forced induction is designed for the M5. All others are going to have to shut the hell up.

If and when I break into the 10's sec pass in the 1/4 mile I want to see the Dinan or RDSport motor/cars do the same. Heck they can't do an 11.65 sec 1/4 mile right now I would bet!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG-h1LYdMlE

Heck I would rather not talk about any hp claims but rather focus on real world 1/4 mile times to prove the cars abilities.

Cheers, M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I forgot to mention something one of my residency trainers in medicine taught me back in 1981, and that is;

Figures lie and liars figure.

That applys to everything in life, including horsepower.

Thank you gentlemen,
M5Ranger

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Yup. That's extassy. But he's not running 625bhp.:confused3
Yup, Joe would be the 1st to tell you he's not running 625hp.

He's runing 625.....watts from each of his speakers! Sorry to let the cat out of the bag, Joe. ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I forgot to mention something one of my residency trainers in medicine taught me back in 1981, and that is;

Figures lie and liars figure.

That applys to everything in life, including horsepower.

Thank you gentlemen,
M5Ranger
no offense but that could also apply to you and the 10's you keep talking about. 11.65 is no where near 10.99 in the realm of 1/4mile et's. and when you claim hp has to be substantiated, one could easily suggest your 1/4mile times don't substantiate 726bhp.

btw, i do hope you see 10's in your m5.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Wait till forced induction is designed for the M5. All others are going to have to shut the hell up.

If and when I break into the 10's sec pass in the 1/4 mile I want to see the Dinan or RDSport motor/cars do the same.
Hey Juan,

I've admired your car for some time now. Very nice. If I didn't have Diablo, I'd be thinking a NOS e60 wouldn't be too bad at all... certainly cost-effective.

I'm also interested in breaking into the 10's. As a heads up, computer modeling indicates that our cars need to lose some weight. Pushing two tons into the 10's will require some major grunt.

Look forward to hearing about your quest.

Dave

1 - 20 of 65 Posts