BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use torco all the time in my other rides and it works great. Keep 5 gal pails at all times. BUT wondering if anyone tried it out here on their M rides? I know when I log with just using 93 pump gas it just sucks. I don't tune to the ragged edge but the Torco allows that little extra tweek while still keeping things under control if one did not add it all the time. Since there is no datalogging that I know of, checking tuning by pulling plugs etc is not too helpfull with Torco since it turns the plugs orange.

But seeing if the Torco helps (or if any ill effects) with the extra bump in fuel quality for the V10. Stock, slightly moded, fully moded.....

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I'm using Torco 100, and 115 mixed with 91 pump gas.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool... I think it will be great to use even on a stock setup. The gas these days are not that great and the Torco helps. Anyone else with BPU's using it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
There's a Station in Sunol CA which carries Toco ...

racing fuel at the pump :) It's off I680 at the Andrade Rd exit. I've used the 94 octane a few times, the beast definitely likes it, idles smoother, hard acceleration with out pinging which is almost always preset on the CA 91 octane.

Cheers,
Brutus

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about the torco accelerator? Any one use that?

I also have 100 octane at a pump near the GW bridge in Fort Lee NJ. $8.00ish a gal.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Bringing up a dead thread......I was wondering about a few things if anyone with experience with Torco Octane Booster can help me out.

1. My car is currently tuned for 93 octane and since I am in California right now and they only have 91 octane, would running a Torco Octane Booster help performance without causing any damage?

2. How long can the octane booster sit in the tank? I read that octane boosters shouldnt sit in a tank to long but how long is too long?

3. Which octane tune are members running and did using a octane booster made a difference?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Is there anything wrong with using Toluene as the octane booster. I was reading on the M6 side that one gallon of Toluene to a tank full will bump the octane to 94-95.

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Yes, although toulene mixed with zylene can help performance, it will in fact eat into your hose lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts