BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do you folks plan to go camping with your M5's?...
??????

Not sure why, but every BMW I have had (5) have all included the little flashlight in the glovebox. It could be a regional thing too.

For those who dont know, the flashlight goes into a little socket, and recharges. Its tiny - about the size of a small cell phone, and gives off hardly any light.

On to a more useful accessory; why is it that some regions get the first aid kit, and NO bmw I have owned had one??? (in Canada)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Spiroman said:
Same goes for the emergency triangle too.

Best regards,
It's interesting that you get those items (first aid kit & triangle) if you take European delivery which is unfortunately not available on the M5 for some reason.

Also, I'm in agreement that the flashlight that came with my e39 is not very effective. It has come in handy for me on occasion since I am not one that would carry around a flashlight otherwise.

One thing I noticed in a board pic of an open glovebox was that you do not need the converter plug to convert the flashlight charger to an auxillary dc charger. Maybe they decided having the fixed dc charger was of more importance to most?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts