BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
sydl said:
Owners manual talks about a torch in the glove box - I certainly don't have one - has any else?
Strange you mention this, as my torch is also missing from the M5, the owners manual as you mentioned clearly states where you will find it, I raised this with my dealer, who informed me that BMW stopped supplying torches about 18 months ago. This is NOT true, as I bought an X5 only two months ago and it came with the torch. Either BMW have forgotten to include it or someone else has taken a shine to it :crying:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dont have a torch either - does state in the manual there should be one!

:confused3

·
Registered
131 Posts
MJ said:
Is there even a recharging receptacle for the flashlight in the glove box?

MJ
Yes that is why i thought it had been misplaced

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I've had that flashlight in 3 BMWs and never used them. It's not very bright--I keep a small Maglite in the glove box--much brighter.

·
Registered
766 Posts
For some reason, I kept the "torch" when I cleaned out my M5 when I sold it. Now I know why.

Also kept the jack and the lug wrench that I bought for the E39.

·
Registered
131 Posts
When i raised this with BMW they were unable to say if the car should have a torch, however they provided one free of charge anyway.

·
Registered
162 Posts
bmwnewm5 said:
When i raised this with BMW they were unable to say if the car should have a torch, however they provided one free of charge anyway.
Dealers here were not even aware that the M5's did not have the torch, they went and looked in a brand new one - fresh from factory and it has the charging socket but no torch.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts