BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on the M11 on Saturday night, and another E34 pulled alongside. It was a 91/92 car and debadged, from the look of the exhausts my initial thought was an M5 3.6.

As the road cleared the speed picked up and i followed at a reasonable distance to let the guy know that I was going to give chase. Using 3/4 throttle to about 120mph i kept pace, and flat out between 120mph and 130 mph i started to pull him in, I past him at about 140mph. :M5launch:

My after thought was that if this was another M5 then either the driver backed off, or it was too easy to reel him in at those speeds. The ease with which I reeled him in suggested to me it was only a 535i, in which case he was doing quite well.

If it was a forum member please comment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,762 Posts
Eh-hehehehe...

yep that was me!! thought it was you, i pulled alongside to give you a wave but was greeted by a look of confusion!!

i recognised the number plate from the meet at Hertford Heath - i was not going full pelt as i didn't want to attract too much attention of the wrong kind from the boys in blue, as you went off on the m25 towards I carried on up and saw a fiesta pulled over by a jam sarnie getting the once over!!

And a 535!! The cheek, i did back off, thought we'd have some fun so let you catch up - i could tell you didn't think its was an ///M!!! I was waiting for you to come chase when i passed you first of all!!

I'd been driving all day, and had limited time sleeping the previous night, but seeing you woke me up - i wanted to try out my 3.6 6sp vs your 3.8!!! But at the top end, my car is a bit twitchey at the moment due to the torn rear axle beam bush that I am yet to replace, so it doesn't feel too confident at 140+ also i was on the phone, never a good combination!!!

Till the next time 'pon road.....:flag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
illjah said:
Eh-hehehehe...

yep that was me!! thought it was you, i pulled alongside to give you a wave but was greeted by a look of confusion!!

i recognised the number plate from the meet at Hertford Heath - i was not going full pelt as i didn't want to attract too much attention of the wrong kind from the boys in blue, as you went off on the m25 towards I carried on up and saw a fiesta pulled over by a jam sarnie getting the once over!!

And a 535!! The cheek, i did back off, thought we'd have some fun so let you catch up - i could tell you didn't think its was an ///M!!! I was waiting for you to come chase when i passed you first of all!!

I'd been driving all day, and had limited time sleeping the previous night, but seeing you woke me up - i wanted to try out my 3.6 6sp vs your 3.8!!! But at the top end, my car is a bit twitchey at the moment due to the torn rear axle beam bush that I am yet to replace, so it doesn't feel too confident at 140+ also i was on the phone, never a good combination!!!

Till the next time 'pon road.....:flag:
I thought it must of been you but didn't want to presume. Sorry I did not recognise you, trying to keep my eyes on the road.

Was good to have a bit of fun comparing accelleration, the car really comes alive at those speeds. Until next time - perhaps by then you would have retrofitted a 3.8 block in yours to go with everything else.

Happy driving...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,762 Posts
Jon Baker said:
I thought it must of been you but didn't want to presume. Sorry I did not recognise you, trying to keep my eyes on the road.

Was good to have a bit of fun comparing accelleration, the car really comes alive at those speeds. Until next time - perhaps by then you would have retrofitted a 3.8 block in yours to go with everything else.

Happy driving...
No chance on the 3.8l upgrade, i'm keeping my sturdy 3.6!!! I've heard about the flying wildlife killing abilities of those 3.8's!!

But maybe a re-map, and def gotta get my bushes done, strut brace, kds allignment then the cars gonna be sweet, and i'll be up for some 'spirited runs' m25 / m11 territory as i'm often around there, and I'm loving my new gearbox so good to give it some:M5rev:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,273 Posts
Jon Baker said:
I thought it must of been you but didn't want to presume. Sorry I did not recognise you, trying to keep my eyes on the road.

Was good to have a bit of fun comparing accelleration, the car really comes alive at those speeds. Until next time - perhaps by then you would have retrofitted a 3.8 block in yours to go with everything else.

Happy driving...
Yes
Its Wayne Ramsays car in a an older bodyshell. :D
Mind you, theres atill a piece of Waynes old interior that Ilijah has'nt got.
You know what bit I mean dont you mate.

After you two slated me after the last meet up, I painted the centre console rear blind switch tray Avus blue, put a key chain on it & hung it off my rear view mirror. :haha2:

Looks kind of cool...!

Farrell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,762 Posts
farrell said:
Yes
Its Wayne Ramsays car in a an older bodyshell. :D
Mind you, theres atill a piece of Waynes old interior that Ilijah has'nt got.
You know what bit I mean dont you mate.

After you two slated me after the last meet up, I painted the centre console rear blind switch tray Avus blue, put a key chain on it & hung it off my rear view mirror. :haha2:

Looks kind of cool...!

Farrell
Come on I haven't got all of Wane's car - i mean that bottom end just didn't look like a good purchase!!hiha

I also haven't got the interior in yet, so still rocking my 1980's grey interior....

And with you and your aftermarket 'bling bling' mods Farrell, I'm not surprised to hear what you did with the tray - i'm only surprised you didn't put some ///M badges on it :haha:

Seriously tho - if you are not using that rear blind switch tray, you know I'm still after it!!! Did you get the blind / rear parcel shelf in in the end then?
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,273 Posts
illjah said:
Come on I haven't got all of Wane's car - i mean that bottom end just didn't look like a good purchase!!hiha

I also haven't got the interior in yet, so still rocking my 1980's grey interior....

And with you and your aftermarket 'bling bling' mods Farrell, I'm not surprised to hear what you did with the tray - i'm only surprised you didn't put some ///M badges on it :haha:

Seriously tho - if you are not using that rear blind switch tray, you know I'm still after it!!! Did you get the blind / rear parcel shelf in in the end then?
Oh yes
BLING A DING DING.
The electric rear blind is excellent.
The only downside was that I had to buy another new shelf in Anthracite from BMW to take the electric motor & blind asy.

The economics of doing something with the shelf as supplied was ridiculous.

Some you win & some you lose.

So as well as having a nice little switch tray, I also have an as new Silber Grau rear shelf to house a manual or electric rear blind which I need to sell to get some cash back from buying the new shelf.

If anyone (except Ilijah hiha ) were interested in making me an offer for the parts, Im sure we could come to an agreement.


Lol
Farrell
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top