BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pic goes without saying... Snow in mid-April! Already have the summer tires on, luckily it was melting on the roads right away. Anyone else have the beast out for the year and have unexpectedly encountered the white stuff?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I feel for you man. We had some flurries over the last week but luckily, it didn't stick around so I gave my beast its first hand wash of the year after throwin on my now matte black style 65 wheels and tires. Feels good to get off the winters! I've learned over the years to watch the forecasts extra carefully in April as I have been burnt in the past getting caught in my summers on fresh and slick snow. A very dangerous situation! You hit the gas and you get nothing but DSC blinking and the car hardly moving. Once you get moving, you can barely turn nor stop. Not my idea of fun in the beast.

EDIT: had to add in a picture as it is rare that a Canadian can brag about having better weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I got really fed up of the stuff in Dec/Jan, not used to getting that much and I'm glad to see it's gone for the year. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
798 Posts
That's very possible...a snowboarding friend in Colorado tells me it snows hardest in March-April...the last bit of fresh powder for the slopes...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Mpls is going to get 4-6 inches in the next couple of days, longgggg winterrrrrrr

·
Registered
803 Posts
Tim we had that slush mix here in Rochester NY as well. I was pissed. Just had her washed and cleaned, tires were shinned..

Then on my way home, boom out of no where we get snow. Like damn why us..

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It hit 70 here a week ago, I put the summer rims on. Today my car is covered in snow.

·
Registered
803 Posts
It hit 70 here a week ago, I put the summer rims on. Today my car is covered in snow.

Oh it was 80 here, i got my summers on also, Plus have my bike out to. lol

I figured the snow was over..

·
Registered
220 Posts
3-inches here this AM...in my truck. I left the windows open. ///M5 back in hibernation.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I just looked out the window, and yes it is coming down right this second. Damn, It better not stick!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Roads are almost dry here - although there is still lots of snow left on the ground. High 40s and sunny, t-shirt weather!
Beast is still in the garage, will be waiting a few more weeks for the roads to clean up a bit more around town.
Although I may be tempted to get it out in a week or so for some highway driving, the highways out of town are all dry clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts