BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the boot spoiler but am wondering who else has.
Up till now almost all pictures of test cars are without spoiler.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I thought about it, but decided I preferred the look without.

Each to their own, but the fact that all the test cars I've seen have no spoiler tells me it is hardly an essential item...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I've ordered my car with the spoiler. I know it can look pretty bad in lighter colours but I reckon it'll look fine in Onyx Blue - time will tell.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered it with a spoiler as well. Should it look that bad, it is easely to remove as the spoiler is bonded only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered mine with, like 2004m5 says you can always remove it. In SA it is a no cost option so why not? I changed my colour at the last minute from black to the csl silver grey. Delivery is in June.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I ordered without since my opinion is that Silverstone II looks better that way. Also removed the M5 badge. Considering a 520i just for fun...

//Ekan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Vic said:
I ordered the boot spoiler but am wondering who else has.
Up till now almost all pictures of test cars are without spoiler.
I had assumed it will be similar to my E39 spoiler. Has anyone seen
one yet? If it looks ugly I'll delete it from my order.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Demon M6 said:
looks good in Silverstone II

does the M6 have one if anyone knows ??? :hihi: mmmmmm
not that i am aware of.
though, 6-series has standard E39 style lip spoiler molded onto the trunk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried to order it without, but my dealer said it was not an option. :(

I prefer the cleaner lines without...quite literally as I need to park under a tree and the E39 spoiler is good for collecting bits of debris and dirt. Same as currently, mine will be debadged all round.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
"Badges. We don't need no stinkin' badges." - from the movie "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre."

The M5 is a very understated performance vehicle. Removing badges takes this one step further.

Tom

·
Registered
383 Posts
Broyders said:
I tried to order it without, but my dealer said it was not an option. :(

I prefer the cleaner lines without...quite literally as I need to park under a tree and the E39 spoiler is good for collecting bits of debris and dirt. Same as currently, mine will be debadged all round.
If you still have time to change your spec and still don't want a spoiler, let me know and I will get the exact option number for you. Can even get the BMW order sheet faxed if you need it.

Sacha...

I've gone for it on the Indi red one I've got on order. It's one of those I've paid for it and feel like getting short changed if I don't have it. I dont want a sunroof but there was no option about having it on the UK cars, and as they only offer to delete the option with no discount its still there.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
mhh said:
Pardon me for asking, but I don't get this de-badging thing. Why do some owners remove their badges?
I think it looks cleaner - I will debadge my M5 also. I also remove the stickers and warning labels from the interior.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
bernhtp said:
"Badges. We don't need no stinkin' badges." - from the movie "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre."
I think it was also in "The Three Amigos" LOL.

Isn't there a M5 emblem in the side grill? I will only debage if this is not the case, or debadged as well.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Wolverine said:
I think it looks cleaner - I will debadge my M5 also. I also remove the stickers and warning labels from the interior.
i second that. i too will be debadging the car. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think debadging 'all round' takes care of the side badges too. It did on the E39. As for why? for me, discretion, plus in the UK a badged M5 is an invitation for the boy racer fraternity to try to burn you off at the lights. Whilst I don't mind this, my wife (who will be driving the car at least as much as I will) would find it a little annoying. Apparently, for the E39 M5 debadging was the most requested option in Germany.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts