BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a couple questions I'm hoping the M5 world can help me out with. I have a '93 M5 (US-3.6) which no longer has the SLS. The rear shocks are bilstein, but the springs are all blue. Can anyway tell me what aftermarket spring (or maybe stock) is blue?? Second, I've been talking with BMA (parts distributor) about camber plates and he found a couple interesting parts, but no information about them. If somebody familiar with BMW part numbers can figure out what these are I would appreciate it.

"Guide support camber correction (+30MIN.)" - 31 33 1 139 480
"Guide support camber correction (-30MIN/)" - 31 33 1 139 481

And for reference:
"Guide support" - 31 33 1 139 437
I believe that is the stock piece which can be replaced by the parts I listed above.

These parts appear to be front strut mounts. They have the three studs that actually mount to the chassis. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Daniel

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
"Guide support camber correction (+30MIN.)" - 31 33 1 139 480
"Guide support camber correction (-30MIN/)" - 31 33 1 139 481

And for reference:
"Guide support" - 31 33 1 139 437
I believe that is the stock piece which can be replaced by the parts I listed above.

These parts appear to be front strut mounts. They have the three studs that actually mount to the chassis. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Daniel
I would say they are direct replacement adjustable top mounts.

http://bmwfans.info/original/E34/Lim/M5%203.6-S38/USA/L/M/1993/03/mg-31/ill-31_0128/

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dinan?

I think Dinan makes their stuff in blue. They have a couple of different levels of suspension replacements for the E34 - from front dampers to whole suspension replacements and in between. Their level III includes adjustable camber plates and either Bilstein or Koni shocks - depending on the ride you are looking for.

·
Registered
517 Posts
since it looks like you have dinan springs pull off the shock tower cap(part 7) and see if you have the camber kit too.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Bilstein many moons ago sold the PSS9 adjustable kits with blue springs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took of the shock tower cap and everything looks stock. I even think the front struts are stock (except for blue springs).

I guess a previous owner was able to find Dinan springs and bought bilstein rear shocks when the SLS failed.

Does anyone have any experience with these BMW adjustable camber plates? Will they work with aftermarket struts?

Thanks,
Daniel

·
Registered
406 Posts
BMW sold "crash mounts" for cars with tweaked frames. you could rotate the top mount in 3 different ways to get different effets.

i believe with crash mounts you get about 1/2 degree of negative camber in one setting.

I run ground control camber plates on my car. these have no rubber, so they aren't for sissies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts